The business of counselling (Part 2 - growing your practice)
This 2 part course is designed to help you de-mystify the challenges of setting up and developing your practice as a new counsellor.
Starting out in private practice can be daunting, and present a range of questions and challenges.
- Where should I practice?
- How do I find clients?
- What about taxes?
- How do I stay legal, safe and professional?
- I know nothing about websites?!
- What is SEO?
- Should I use social media?
- Should I advertise?
Part 1 - Starting Out
- Limited company or sole trader?
- Fees? Insurance? Location? Bookings?
- Professional standards in practice
- How to keep track of finances and tax - the basics
Part 2 - Growing Your Practice
- Market research and niche identification
- Branding and promoting your practice
- Websites: understanding, building and promoting websites
- Driving traffic to your site using SEO and Google Adwords
Who should attend?
Qualified (or soon to be qualified) counsellors who have little or no experience of being self-employed and practices looking to accelerate growth (part 2 especially).
About the host
Jason Colyer, Accredited Counselling and Career Coach along with Herne Bay Counsellor Training