TCCR summer schools 2016
TCCR’s summer school programme offer students the opportunity to learn about couple work in a short, intensive, four day CPD programme, with evenings free to enjoy London’s rich arts calendar of theatre, concerts and exhibitions.
The following schools are available for students depending on their level of experience;
- Developing skills in couple work international summer school - Popular with individual, child, family and group therapists who are interested in finding out more about the couple relationship.
- Advanced couple therapy international summer school - An opportunity for qualified couple-trained therapists to explore theory and techniques in couple therapy.
Our summer school programmes are taught in Central London and are popular with professionals living in the UK as well as international students from countries across the globe, including Australia, USA, and France and beyond.
Developing skills in couple work international summer school
Course code: SC5
Course dates: 12-15 July, 2016
This course is open to those interested in learning more about couple relationships and about working with couples from a psychodynamic perspective. It will be useful to individual counsellors and individual, child, family, group, psychotherapists, and those in the helping professions, such as clinical psychologists, psychiatrists and social workers.
- Introduce the central concepts used in understanding unconscious processes in couple interaction.
- Offer a framework for understanding conscious and unconscious communication in couples that is grounded in theory, clinical case examples and seminar discussion.
- Enable you to begin to make use of psychodynamic concepts in formulating and understanding the relationship aspect of your work with couples or individuals.
- Give each participant the opportunity to present some work and learn from the work of others.
- Introduce the current thinking and practice of TCCR.
Advanced couple therapy international summer school:
‘Relationships that challenge couple therapists’
Course code: SC6
Course dates: 5-8 July, 2016
This summer school gives you a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in cutting-edge couple thinking. You will learn and grow as a couple therapist through lectures and twice-daily intensive clinical discussion groups and will study and learn alongside like-minded people from the UK and around the world.
- Study at a world-leading couple psychoanalytic psychotherapy institute in the heart of central London.
- Our four-day advanced summer school is for couple-trained therapist already working in the field.
A number of our international students have returned to TCCR for their fourth and fifth summer school, planning their summer vacation in London to ensure they do not miss out on the opportunity to advance their thinking and practice with TCCR’s experienced clinicians and theoreticians.
Advanced international summer school will be taught by:
Mary Morgan, Julie Humphries, Andrew Balfour, Martha Doniach, Pierre Cachia and Dr Damian McCann.
About the host
Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships provides affordable couple counselling and psychotherapy services and a wide range of practitioner training programmes.