Supporting children and young people through transition and loss
This six hour workshop looks at how children and young people (C&YP) can be affected by bereavement and life changing loss.
- We look back to our own childhood losses and how we were affected by them
- We study basic psychological development of children and young people from birth to 18 and how they deal with bereavement at different ages and stages of cognitive development
- We look at the impact of bereavement and loss have on C&YP with differing attachment styles
- We look at ways of supporting C&YP at different ages and stages of cognitive development
- We look at creative ways of working with CYP and at some of the published resources available.
About the host
Lynda Carter (MSc) facilitator/host
Trainer : Marsha Ragsdell, Counsellor, Trainer & Supervisor.
Marsha has worked as a teacher, educational consultant & university lecturer and has a deep interest in working with children and young people. Marsha currently volunteers for Cruse Bereavement Care as a trainer, supervisor and fund raiser.