Spirituality in the consulting room: the intersect of mind and spirit
Given the current upsurge of interest in spiritual matters and the transpersonal, it is of special concern to counsellors and therapists to equip themselves as fully as possible with valuable knowledge pertaining to the intersect of spirituality and counselling/psychotherapy.
In this one day workshop we will discuss and enhance awareness of:
- Definitions of spirituality and research in this regard
- Reasons for the spirituality revolution
- The spiritual dimension in practice - explicit and implicit
- The oscillation model of psychology/soul, therapy/accompaniment
- Documentation released by the Association of Pastoral and Spiritual Care and Counselling (APSCC) regarding necessary spiritual competencies required of the practitioner, and guidance produced by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Aspects of the transpersonal and how they enter and can be worked with within the consulting room - to include but not limited to: near death experiences, ghosts and spirits, past life memories and synchronicity
- Throughout the day the aim is to enrich understanding via the use of case examples from clinical practice, to invite attendees participation by addressing your own examples and to inform this subject by providing a firm and secure base of referenced academic knowledge.
The cost for this one day workshop is £60 and CPD certificates will be provided upon request.
The host is Paula Fenn. She has a strong interest in the intersect between psychotherapeutic thought and techniques and spirituality/soul/energy/consciousness. She offers a range of workshops at Earthworks School for the Healing Arts where she is also a faculty member.
Non practicing members of the public are welcome to attend this workshop.
About the host
Paula Fenn is an Accredited Member of the BACP and has a range of academic and alternative/holistic qualifications. These include a masters in counselling and diplomas in healing, crystal therapy, regression therapy, past life regression and hypnosis. She is also a member of the SPR, the ASSAP and the Scientific & Medical Network.