The Aim of the Workshop
This one-day experiential workshop aims to offer you the space and time to learn how to use simple techniques that can help you experience a fuller and healthier relationship with yourself and others.
You will leave the workshop more aware of your own boundaries, able to practice simple breath work, bodywork and massage techniques to help you develop a richer relationship between your internal and external world. These tools will enable you to nourish and nurture yourself in daily life.
Being able to engage with your own needs can help towards getting a better understanding of what you require from a situation or another person, this is often achieved by being able to be self-aware. Self-awareness can allow you to pause before reacting to a stressful or demanding interaction.
Giving yourself the time to reflect while relating to a person or situation can prevent you from falling into the trap of being reactive when you are under pressure or repeating destructive patterns of behaviour that are historic.
Deeper contact with your feelings and emotions can build a stronger relationship between your mind and body and help you discover what you need to draw into your life to improve your own self-care and self-development. When you have a clearer understanding of what you want for yourself you can start to have a deeper sense of what you desire from others and the world around you.
The workshop embraces three major goals:
1. You will learn techniques to help you develop your sense of physical space and what is comfortable and uncomfortable contact with another person.
2. You will be taught basic skills to identify feelings and emotions that arise when you relate to someone or a new situation, for example, do you find yourself in a state of anxiety or excitement. Reflective skills will be introduced to help you in identifying the quality and relevance of the emotions and feelings that arise.
3. You will learn basic skills to self-nurture and developing a deeper contact to yourself and others.
The workshop will teach you some basic skills to help you nourish and nurture your life.
- Basic grounding techniques will help you gain an understanding of how to manage the build up of stress or a state of high arousal.
- Communication skills will facilitate the challenges that you face when you try to express your feelings and emotions to others.
- Reflective skills assist your ability to become self-aware, this can offer you the time, when faced with a difficult interaction, to consider if you are responding in a habitual pattern of behaviour that could be destructive or if you are experiencing being with a person or situation in the ‘here and now’ allowing a fresh, intuitive and spontaneous interaction.
- Gain a deeper empathy, respect and understanding of yourself and others.
Please bring a notebook and pen to the workshop as you may wish write down notes or inspirational thoughts that come up for you during the day.
You will be taught relaxation techniques, so to ensure you are comfortable and warm it is recommended that you dress in loose clothing and bring with you a jumper or light jacket.