Nutritional interventions for eating disorders approved by the British Psychological Society
Knowledge about nutritional aspects of food intake, eating behaviour and weight regulation is essential if someone with an eating disorder is to recover.
This course informs and empowers health professionals who encounter eating disorders in their work, who wish to add nutritional guidance to their treatment for disordered eating. You will learn why nutritional interventions are so important and how to integrate simple, effective nutritional approaches alongside other aspects of treatment.
This stand-alone course is Approved by the British Psychological Society Learning Centre for the purposes of continuing professional development when completed as part of the master practitioner programme. The only course of its kind in the UK.
The course is suitable for counsellors, psychologists, addiction specialists, psychotherapists, doctors, psychiatrists, dieticians and nutritionists, nurses, coaches and social workers. No prior nutritional knowledge is needed.
You will learn
- Why nutritional counselling is important for eating problems.
- What to eat and drink for optimum health, and why.
- How the body uses nutrients.
- How to separate fact from fiction regarding nutrition and dieting.
- How to use simple steps and basic nutritional interventions to support physical and emotional health.
- Where vitamin and mineral supplements fit into work with eating distress.
- How to apply the knowledge and skills from the training to your practice, safely and effectively.
- How to enhance your nutritional knowledge from other resources.
- How to apply your learning to enhance your own relationship with food.
- How to move beyond first principles with regard to nutritional approaches.
What happens on this course
This course is largely taught from the front, with opportunities to work in pairs and small groups. At the end of the course there is a case study provided to teach you how to apply the taught material to a typical client scenario.
Trainer: Jane Nodder
Venue: Life Therapies, 31 Saintfield Road, Belfast, BT8 6AF
Monday and Tuesday 24th and 25th October 2016
You will receive a substantial discount if you book this course as part of the master practitioner programme.
The NCFED certificate in nutritional interventions for eating disorders is awarded if you complete a case study after the course. This is optional and all delegates receive the certificate of attendance.
This training is a stand-alone course, and also a module of the NCFED master practitioner programme. The other modules are excellence in practitioner skills for eating disorders and essential obesity.
The advanced diploma is granted upon successful completion of assignments on the eight-day excellence training course plus this course or the essential obesity course.
Master practitioner is awarded to those completing assignments on all three trainings.