Who is the course for?
Health professionals, counsellors, social worker, family support workers, or any professionals involved with working with new mums. This course will help provide a clearer understanding of how to support new mums who are overwhelmed by motherhood or suffering from post natal depression.
Aims of the course
On completion of the day you will be able to:
- Reflect on the challenges, changes and compromises that face motherhood.
- Identify contributing factors to antenatal and postnatal depression and the women who are particularly vulnerable.
- Look at the effects that having a child can have on relationships.
- Explore the attachment theory and how this may affect the impact of the children growing up.
- Look at therapeutic approaches to working with new mums.
CPD six hours.
Cost - £90.00 50% upfront and 50% a week before the course please.
Tea and coffee provided, lunch can be purchased from the café across the road. Please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About the host
Kate Blakemore BA (hons) Bus. management. Diploma in counselling. Award in teaching. Mentoring qualification. Reiki 2 qualified.
Kate is a person centred counsellor and has her own private practice. Kate is also the founder of Motherwell, a charity set up to support the mental health and well-being of mums. Kate is also a mum of 3 young children.