New ongoing drama therapy group for adults
Either expression or depression!
Dealing with emotional stress is often difficult and sometimes overwhelming, especially when it seems that you are on your own. Taking the decision to enter therapy can be a big step towards the healing process. However, sometimes talking therapy is not enough. It is often because there are no words to describe your thoughts or feelings or simply because you are tired of talking. Creative processes like drama therapy can help explore and express what cannot be said.
Group drama therapy offers healing in a supportive and safe environment. Alongside others who share similar challenges, you have an opportunity to learn about yourself and improve your interpersonal relationships, as well as feel connected, empowered and understood.
Dramatherapy is not about acting but becoming oneself. This is not therapy for actors but for anyone who longs for a change. This method draws on the healthy aspects of self and enables to express and share difficult matters, which often cannot be verbalized, through creative media that provide safety and containment.
Drama therapy group aims:
- Building self-esteem and confidence.
- Exploration of difficult feelings/issues in a safe and contained environment.
- Developing trust and relationships with others.
- Providing space for creative self-expression.
- Promoting playfulness and working imaginatively.
- Developing appropriate social boundaries and relationships.
- Building social skills.
- Connecting physical with emotional feelings.
Reasons to join the group:
- low self-esteem
- relationship difficulties
- traumatic experiences
- identity problems.
The group starts on the 12 September.
Tottenham, N17 9AS, Tuesdays 7.15 pm.
There is a limited number of six places in the group. If you would like to participate please contact me to arrange a consultation to discuss your needs and to see whether the group and the form of work will be suitable for you.