Managing anxiety and low mood
125 Upper Richmond Road
South West London
What is the group?
This group has been designed for people who feel their anxieties and low mood are getting in the way of them living the life they would like to live. The group will help members to deal with their anxieties and low mood and master key problem areas in their lives.
- Have the opportunity to meet other people with similar concerns.
- Learn how unhelpful thoughts and patterns of behaviour can perpetuate difficulties.
- Receive support in finding ways of changing unhelpful thinking.
- Get help to practise new behaviours that will help overcome these difficulties.
- Learn how they think, feel, and act in group situations and how others think, feel, and act towards them.
- Learn how to trust themselves and others.
The group will be facilitated by Gary and Alex and based around cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), looking at low mood, depression, anxiety and ways of dealing with these. CBT works on the assumption that your core beliefs influence your emotions and your behaviour and that by identifying and addressing problematic thoughts, you can help to change your behaviour for the better. The group will have a psycho-educational element to it, but will also embrace a deeper experiential learning approach, exploring the inner and interpersonal world of all the group members.
Alex on mobile number: 07970 637908 or Gary on mobile number: 07742 928581 for more information.
You can find out more about Alex here: http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/counsellors/alexandra-townshend
About the host
Gary and Alex are experienced integrative counsellors, both accredited members with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. We both share a passion for developing the relationship we have with ourselves to be more nurturing, compassionate and understanding.