‘I’m neither male or female’ – Gender: looking beyond the binary
To provide participants with a basic understanding of non-binary gender identities and associated issues that may be experienced by clients.
If you believe yourself to be LGBTQI+ aware/friendly, having a basic understanding of non-binary gender identities is imperative to work effectively with this growing minority group whom often have complex and varied needs.
What will be covered?
- Non-binary identity: an introduction & where does it fit within the LGBTQI+ umbrella
- Terminology: getting your head around pronouns and labels
- Roleplay: working in pairs to experience using non-binary terms
- Associated issues people may struggle with
- Personal journey of a non-binary counsellor.
More information at https://beyond-binary.eventbrite.co.uk
About the host
Greenwood Events organises affordable CPD workshops in Scotland. This is achieved through collaboration and partnership working between experienced counsellors and trainers and Greenwood Events. www.greenwoodevents.co.uk