‘I’m neither male or female’ – Gender: looking beyond the binary
To provide participants with a basic understanding of non-binary gender identities and associated issues that may be experienced by clients.
If you believe yourself to be a LGBTQI+ aware/friendly, having a basic understanding of non-binary gender identities is imperative to work effectively with this growing minority group whom often have complex and varied needs.
What will be covered?
- Non-binary identity: an introduction and where does it fit within the LGBTQI+ umbrella.
- Terminology: getting your head around pronouns and labels.
- Roleplay: working in pairs to experience using non-binary terms.
- Associated issues people may struggle with.
- Personal journey of a non-binary counsellor.
For more information and to book, go to https://beyond-binary.eventbrite.co.uk
About the host
Greenwood Events organises affordable workshops for counsellors in Scotland. Go to www.greenwoodevents.co.uk for further information or contact email@example.com.