Food for mood (for practitioners)
Food for mood (for practitioners) is a CPD event aimed at raising awareness of how different foods can impact on a client's mood.
The rush of life and its stresses can lead to unhealthy choices and quick fixes which can lead to lower moods, poor concentration and motivation.
This is an opportunity to discover that mental health can be protected by health eating.
This two-hour workshop will cover:
- Regular healthy eating and food groups.
- Under eating.
- Over eating and behaviours.
- Alcoholism and sugar intake.
- Food and sleep.
All topics will make reference to both children and adults. A list of resources and reading materials will also be made available. Snacks and water will be provided at the workshop.
This event is run on one Wednesday afternoon and on one Saturday of every month. Express your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07513759741 for more information.
The dates and times for the next workshops are:
- 12th October Wednesday 14:30 - 16:30
- 22nd October Saturday 12:30 - 14:30
- 9th November Wednesday 14:30 - 16:30
- 26th November Saturday 12:30 - 14:30
- 7th December Wednesday 14:30 - 16:30
- 17th December Saturday 12:30 - 14:30
2017 dates will be released soon!
About the host
Nicole runs her own well-being business which offers professional counselling services and expert nutritional advice. She has worked in the public sector exploring health and illness in society and learned about social influence on human health. Her range of therapeutic services are offered in, and around Bournemouth and the rest of Dorset.