Essential obesity: psychological approaches - approved by the British Psychological Society
31 Saintfield Road
This inspiring up-to-date course brings the latest thinking from health psychology and other approaches to help you with weight loss clients in any professional setting.
Taught largely from the front, this course brings together people from all over the world and many find it helpful for their own weight management.
It is approved by the BPS Learning Centre for CPD BPS Learning Centre and CPD points are awarded subject to peer review by the Royal College of Psychiatrists on application. It is also part of the master practitioner programme.
The course is suitable for counsellors, psychologists, psychotherapists, doctors, psychiatrists, nutritionists, nurses, social workers and other health professionals.
You will learn
- Current thinking about all weight loss approaches including drugs and surgery.
- How to assess, engage and motivate.
- How to customise treatment, getting the right fit.
- How to manage barriers to change in diet and lifestyle.
- How to deal with comfort and emotional eating.
- Targeting relationships.
- How to transform obesity thinking.
- How to deal with difficult clients.
- Dealing with pitfalls, like plateau and relapse.
- Important counsellor qualities.
- Where psychology, medication, meal replacement plans or surgery may fit into an overall treatment plan.
- How to boost willpower.
Trainer: Bridin McKenna
Venue: Life Therapies, 31 Saintfield Road, Belfast, BT8 6AF
9-11 September 2016
Receive a substantial discount if you book this course as part of the master practitioner programme.
The NCFED certificate in obesity skills is awarded if you complete an assignment after the course. This is optional and all delegates receive the certificate of attendance.
This training is a stand-alone course, and is also a module of the NCFED master practitioner programme. The other modules include excellence in practitioner skills for eating disorders and nutritional interventions for eating disorders.
The advanced diploma is granted upon successful completion of assignments on the eight-day eating disorder training course, plus one other of the above.
The Master Practitioner award is awarded to those completing assignments on all three trainings.