Eating disorder workshop 2
This is a more in depth day than the foundation day and covers techniques and protocols for working in a therapeutic setting with clients with mild forms of anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder. It will also cover chronic dieting and over eating.
Course details - We will take a more detailed look at:
- NICE guidelines for working with eating disorders.
- The role and value of food diaries in this work.
- The biological, social and psychological factors that contribute to the development of an eating disorder or food challenge.
- The part stress physiology plays in eating disorders and challenges and its impact on health.
- What does/should ‘normal’ eating look like?
- Basic Nutritional and Interventions for clients with disordered eating.
- Some useful therapeutic interventions in working with clients with different eating challenges.
Please e-mail Julie.Wells@lifestuff.co.uk for a booking form.
About the host
Course Leader - Julie Wells is an integrative counsellor, with considerable training and experience. She completed the Master Practitioner in eating disorders and obesity training with the National Centre for Eating Disorders and is a certified Eating Psychology Coach from the Institute for the Psychology of Eating.