Domestic abuse awareness
Who is the course for?
Counsellors, Psychotherapists or anyone working in a role supporting people affected by domestic abuse.
Aims of course:
To have greater awareness and understanding of domestic abuse and its effect on both adults and children.
- An overview of the tactics and effects of domestic abuse on victims
- Awareness of the effects of domestic abuse on children
- Understanding why people stay in abusive relationships
- Understanding why people are abusive
- Looking at the warning signs
- Looking at the law and Clare’s Law in particular
- Looking at the role of the MARAC
- Understanding how to deal with a disclosure or a suspicion of domestic abuse as a professional
- How to keep safe as a professional working with someone experiencing domestic abuse.
About the host
Kirsty McAllister & Sian Parker
Kirsty is the Services Manager at Trafford Domestic Abuse Services (TDAS) and Sian is the Children and Young Persons’ Co-ordinator at TDAS