CPD 2017 - working with obesity - looking at food addiction and binge eating disorder
Rear of 156 Hatfield Road
Aims and objectives
- To gain an understanding of a therapeutic treatment for obesity incorporating the 12-step facilitation model.
- To understand how to integrate this model of treatment into your own practice.
- Looking at what research has demonstrated with regard to food as an addiction and the similarity to substance addiction.
- Comparing compulsive overeating/bingeing with substance dependence by looking at the DSM V-TR criteria.
- Study of the cycle of addiction.
- Characteristics of binge eating disorder/compulsive overeating.
- Looking at other addictive/compulsive behaviours often associated with compulsive overeating.
- Learning the difference between group therapy and 12-step groups.
- Looking at the areas that need to be investigated during therapy sessions: family/personal history/trauma/abuse.
- Looking at the solution offered to clients.
- Interactive workshop – for attendees to experience group work.
- Abstinence from compulsive overeating – what is it? How is it achieved?
- An introduction and overview of the 12-step facilitation model and its use during and after therapeutic treatment.
- How to integrate this model into your own mode of treatment.
Rochelle Craig MSc
About the host
I have also developed and present a new CPD Workshop : Understanding Anorexia and Bulimia.How can we support and work with sufferers?
Please see full details on Counselling Directory Events Section.
THERE IS A SPECIAL OFFER OF £125 FOR BOTH EVENTS IF THEY ARE BOOKED AND PAID FOR AT THE SAME TIME.