Counselling skills with children and young people
Counselling skills with children and young people.
This workshop is designed for those already working with children or young people or for those who are thinking about working with children (you will need your inner child).
The day will consist of:
- How children and young people relate to each other and adults
- How you build a relationship to start work
- How to assess the client’s needs, discuss confidentiality and explore ethical dilemmas
- Skilful play in counselling
- How better to understand your young person and look at invisible baggage, to be compassionate and focused
Most of all to prepare you for the journey that you and your young client will take.
About the host
Annetta Bowden with Herne Bay Counsellor Training