Certificate in therapeutic art
Module 1: 13th - 15th January 2017
Module 2: 3rd - 5th March 2017
Module 3: 5th - 7th May 2017
Module 4: TBC
Cost: £420 per module including refreshments, lunch and handouts.
This course is taught by John Daly and consists of four, three-day weekends. Each weekend includes one evening session. Contact hours total 102.
The course includes:
- A series of experiential drawings, exercises and case studies.
- Practical aspects of working in this way.
- Working with children. Developmental, gender and cultural differences. The impact of trauma on children’s drawings.
- Symbolic expression and communication.
- Rites of passage and initiation rituals with particular reference to the transitions of puberty and midlife.
- Jung’s theories of archetypes and complexes, mythology, dreams and symbols.
- Post Jungian psychology: an introduction to a generalised ‘map’ of the psyche.
- Creative imagination and mindfulness practices in connecting the conscious and unconscious aspects of the psyche.
- The use of non-directed, partly directed and directed serial drawings.
- Overview of research methods using drawing as an assessment tool.
- Combining drawing and sandplay.
- Assessment and evaluation of therapeutic change.
- Guidelines for safe and ethical working.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
A full certificate will be awarded once six hours of supervision has been completed by an AIST supervisor together with a total of 50 client hours.
About John Daly
John Daly psychologist and psychotherapist is one of the country’s leading teachers of sandplay therapy. He is a founding director of the Association of Integrative Sandplay Therapy. John developed the first recognised MA in transpersonal psychotherapy in the UK.
His background includes working in India, running retreats in New York, the Himalayas and closer to home. Teaching at the Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy in London, teaching and supporting Masters and phd students at the University of Canterbury. John has a rare gift of being able to seamlessly integrate an extensive theoretical understanding with years of practice and experience and a deep knowledge of different spiritual traditions.
About the host
The Nautilus Rooms is a wonderfully comfortable venue in the heart of Totnes.