Certificate in therapeutic art
The course is run by the Association of Sandplay Therapists.
This course is taught by John Daly one of the leading teachers of sandplay and therapeutic art courses in the country it consists of four three-day weekends. Each weekend includes one evening session.
Contact hours total: 102
The course includes:
- A series of experiential drawings, exercises and case studies.
- Practical aspects of working in this way.
- Working with children. Developmental, gender and cultural differences. The impact of trauma on children’s drawings.
- Symbolic expression and communication.
- Rites of passage and initiation rituals with particular reference to the transitions of puberty and mid life.
- Jung’s theories of archetypes and complexes, mythology, dreams and symbols.
- Post Jungian Psychology: An introduction to a generalised ‘map’ of the psyche.
- Creative imagination and mindfulness practices in connecting the conscious and unconscious aspects of the psyche.
- The use of non-directed, partly directed and directed serial drawings.
- Overview of research methods using drawing as an assessment tool.
- Combining drawing and sandplay.
- Assessment and evaluation of therapeutic change.
- Guidelines for safe and ethical working.
Participants from a range of backgrounds are welcome to apply for these courses: counsellors, psychotherapists, students, psychologists, youth workers, social workers, teachers TA’s etc. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact Ruth.
John Daly psychologist and psychotherapist is one of the country’s leading teachers of sandplay therapy. He is a founding director of the Association of Integrative Sandplay Therapy. John developed the first recognised MA in Transpersonal Psychotherapy in the UK.
John has a rare gift of being able to seamlessly integrate an extensive theoretical understanding with years of practice and experience and a deep knowledge of different spiritual traditions.
The course will run from The Nautilus Rooms a comfortable venue in the centre of Totnes. Devon.
About the host
For information about this course please contact:
We have a number of people interested in starting this course in September please contact Ruth for details.