Building motivation and resilience
Clients can sometimes attend for therapy feeling that they are there to please someone else or to work to someone else’s agenda. When this happens, working with their motivation and helping them to build the resilience needed to make changes in their lives can be a vital skill in therapy. During this course we will explore where resilience comes from and how we can help our client to build it.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Have an understanding of what motivation and resilience are.
- Have a working knowledge of the cycle of change.
- Be aware of how we gain resilience.
- Be able to explore different theoretical models for working with motivation.
- Have more of the skills needed to work with clients who are resistant to therapy.
- Work with six stage resilience building intervention model.
Full details of venue and a booking form at: www.affordablecounsellinggroup.co.uk
About the host
Fiona Gunasekara is an experienced integrative counsellor, supervisor and trainer. During her career she has worked with many resistant clients and supervised others working with this client group. Fiona is a Kent Safeguarding Children’s Board Certified Trainer. She is also a BACP (accred) counsellor.