An introduction to working with couples – a 2 day course
Are you a therapist or counsellor that wants to work with couples but doesn’t know where to start? Have you felt powerless as the couple you are working with argues in front of you and you are unsure of what to do?
What you will learn:
- The differences between working with couples and individuals.
- How to get started with your couple.
- How to avoid being judge and juror.
- How to work with hopelessness in the relationship.
- How to facilitate connection between the couple.
Ian’s aim is to give you an insight into the world of working with couples and give you practical techniques that you can apply in the therapy room.
For more information and to book onto the course please go to http://affinitycentre.co.uk/couples-therapy-training/
About the host
Ian Tomlinson is a UKCP registered psychotherapist and one of the only Advanced certified Imago Relationship Therapists north of Watford.
Ian is a PTSTA in transactional analysis and also teaches at both beginner and intermediate level on acceptance and commitment therapy http://affinitycentre.co.uk/acceptance-and-commitment-therapy-course/