8-week mindfulness-based stress reduction course Canary Wharf
This course follows the recognised mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) course curricula. MBSR is the gold standard in mindfulness training and is the most widely researched and validated mindfulness programme available in the world. There are over 100 randomised control studies on MBSR showing its effectiveness in developing resilience such as:
- increasing productivity
- sharpening focus
- improving sleep
- relieving pain
- managing anxiety
- coping with illness
- feeling a deeper sense of peace.
And participants completing an MBSR programme report having more energy and enthusiasm, more ability to relax, more self-confidence, greater clarity, concentration and ability to handle stressful situations.
Mindfulness is a proven way to enhance your resiliency by strengthening your natural ability to enjoy life and open up to your potential.
The MBSR curricula covers:
- Week one:
- What is mindfulness?
- Week two:
- Gathering the scattered mind - the power of being present, living all your moments.
- Week three:
- Learning about your patterns of reacting to life’s challenges.
- Week four:
- Coping with challenges - using mindfulness to respond instead of reacting.
- Week five:
- Dealing with difficult emotions/sensation.
- RAIN: Recognise/accept/investigate/non-identify).
- Week six:
- Mindfulness and communication.
- Working with a difficult situation.
- All day session.
- Deepening mindfulness.
- Developing mindfulness over a wider period of time to allow the possibility of greater awareness and self-knowledge, as a basis to face future challenges in your life more skillfully.
- Week seven:
- Cultivating compassion.
- Being your own encouraging coach.
- Week eight:
- Bringing it all together in a personal plan.
- The beginning of the rest of your mindful life.
MBSR does not involve:
- Group therapy. You will not be asked to bring personal problems or talk about your childhood. Only your everyday ordinary experience will be discussed. Sometimes this can raise difficult thoughts and feelings which can be discussed in the context of mindfulness and the course content.
- Clearing your mind to become more relaxed. Sometimes these are by-products of MBSR but this is not the goal. Mindfulness is about knowing yourself better and being able to manage yourself more skillfully.
Visit website: http://eastlondonmindfulness.uk/mbsr-london/
£280, £240 early bird (book by 25th August 2017). Cost includes workbook and MP3/DVD guided meditations.
Dates and times:
Tuesdays 7:15pm until 9:30pm:
- September 26th
- October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st
- November 7th, 14th.
All-day session: Sunday 5th November from 11am to 4pm.
Terms and conditions: http://eastlondonmindfulness.uk/tcs
About the host
The BeingWell is a specialist not-for-profit mindfulness agency providing mindfulness courses for the public and also staff programmes for businesses. See: www.thebeingwell.org