Zara Eadie MSc, BSc (Hons), MBACP, Dip Integrative Counselling Merrow Guildford
Supporting people is my passion; I provide professional, warm and personalised counselling/therapy on a one to one basis in Guildford. I have a wealth of experience helping a range of people;
- Mild/moderate mental health concerns
- Young people aged 12 upwards
- Adults with addictions + friends/family counselling (N.B I currently only see those in recovery)
- Older people
- Homelessness and vulnerable young people aged 16-24
- Learning disabilities including autism and Aspergers
- Trauma counselling/therapy
- Abuse counselling
- Spirituality & mindfulness
- Coping with challenging illness
I will work collaboratively with you, utilising an integrative approach (namely psychodynamic, person centered and existential theories) to suit your needs. I also use techniques from Gestalt and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy models where relevant and have a keen interest in the teachings on 'non-duality'.
As well as providing a warm, non-judgemental approach, I aim to help you to develop self insight and I place particular value upon the quality of our therapeutic relationship and the 'transference' that may arise.
What to expect
Many people might find going to a counsellor strange or worrying the first time; this is perfectly natural and quite common. Our first meeting will consist of finding out a bit about why you have sought counselling at this time and what you would like to achieve from the counselling process. It also gives you the opportunity to ascertain whether I would be a suitable counsellor for you; someone with whom you can feel safe to share.
The therapeutic relationship is crucial to successful counselling and therapy, the quality of which will deepen and develop over time. I provide longer term and shorter term counselling, during which we will review our time together and see what has worked well and what might be more deeply looked at.
Please email, text or call me to arrange your initial consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a background in Psychology and Human Biology;
- MSc Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Human Biology with Psychology.
- Dip Integrative Counselling (NHS)
I am registered with, and abide by, the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP).
- Youth counselling service
- Catalyst addiction counselling
- Catalyst friends and family support
- Rape & Sexual Assault Charity
- Older person's charity
- Integrative/clinical hypnotherapy
- Autism and learning difficulties
- Anxiety/depression/bereavement/panic/complex PTSD
- Mild - moderate mental health concerns (NHS)
- Creative techniques
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Older people
- Moving house/school
- Caring for others
- Young people
- Self awareness
- Personal development/growth
- Finding meaning
- Conscious counselling/awareness/transpersonal
- Shorter term therapy
- Longer term therapy
- Death; fear
- People who are in recovery from drug/alcohol use only
Face to face counselling fees
£25 initial consultation
£50 per 50 minute session
Online skype counselling: £45
I offer daytime and evening appointments in a quiet and comfortable room in Merrow, Guildford.
Wednesday evenings at The Eaves therapy practice in Guildford (£50 per 50 minute session)
I am available for online skype sessions; international/expats and nationally
The venue has plenty of parking available. Please contact me to discuss availble appointment times.
Those interested in consciousness, awareness, transpersonal psychology and non duality are welcome.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Some daytime & some evening appointments available
Types of client