Zainab Ashraf. Women's Trauma Counselor- MBACP
3 Wellington Park
I offer counselling to women who are survivors of sexual abuse, rape and domestic abuse. There are a number of physical, mental and social scars that are left from abuse that can ripple out into our lives, causing pain, illness and distress. If this is an issue that is affecting your life and feel that you are ready for counselling, check my profile out in more detail.
I qualified as a Person- Centred counsellor from the University of Aberdeen. I have since went on to specialise in women's mental health and well-being.
My work with survivors of sexual abuse has led my research into women's mental health. I have found that in regards to certain issues like, coercive control, gender based violence, cultural sexism, reproductive health and immigration, a gender-sensitive counseling approach offers a more holistic approach to women's healing. I feel its important to mention that my label of women encompasses anybody that identifies as female.
My approach is very much led by you as you are the expert in your life, healing and growth. My role is to facilitate your process by providing an approach of empathy, compassion and acceptance, for you to become empowered women!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Person- Centred Counselling.
- 3 Years counselling in Rape Crisis Center
- Phone counselling in Childline
- I worked with an organisation offering general counselling, working with men, women and children presenting with a wide range of issues.
- Currently I am a counsellor in Nexus, providing counselling for people who are survivors of rape and sexual abuse.
- I volunteer at victim support providing support for people who have been a victim of a crime.
- I run health and well-being workshops for women from minority and ethnic backgrounds.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£45 per hour
Concessions available for people with financial hardships.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Urdu, Punjabi|
Wednesday all day. Morning, afternoon. evening.
Types of client