Yuko Nippoda M.A. (Couns), UKCP Registered, BACP Snr Accredited
0844 776 0220 / 020 8810 1813
- Are you suffering from anxiety, depression or difficulties with relationships?
- Are you looking for a counsellor who you feel safe with and find it easy to talk to about the issues that you are facing?
- Do you want to talk to a counsellor who will help you to empower yourself and facilitate change and growth?
I have 30 years experience of working in the fields of counselling and psychotherapy. With extensive experience in working with clients from many different cultures on a wide range of psychological and mental health issues. My services are available to all adults 17 years of age or above and to all ethnic groups regardless of race, culture and religion. Sessions are provided both in English and Japanese.
My work is informed by an Integrative approach based on Humanistic, CBT, Psychodynamic, Existential and Transpersonal principles. My approach focuses on supporting through difficulties, allowing you to be listened to and understood so that you can experience healing and acceptance. This will equip you with the tools to deal more effectively with recurring issues and cope with new ones.
I also use experiential and creative interventions such as dream, image work, visualisation or pictures and the qualities I bring to the session are my humanity, humour and sense of self. I have a lot of experience in helping with depression, anxiety and relationship issues.
I offer a supportive and non-judgemental environment, which makes you feel safe and find it easy to talk about your issues you bring to my consulting room. I aim to help you through the use of psychological knowledge to alleviate your problems and explore the issues which affect your daily life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Counselling Studies --- Keele University
- Gestalt psychotherapy --- Metanoia Institute
- Integrative advanced psychotherapy --- PHYSIS
- Psychodynamic cross-cultural psychotherapy --- Nafsiyat Intercultural Therapy Centre
- Clinical supervision and transpersonal psychotherapy --- Centre for Counselling & Psychotherapy Education
- Certificate in Counselling --- Sophia University
- Telephone-Counselling Training in English --- Tokyo English Life Line
I am a fully qualified, United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) registered psychotherapist and British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) senior accredited counsellor.
- BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor (2011)
- Diploma in Supervision (2001)
- AHPP Accredited Psychotherapist (2000)
- BACP Accredited Counsellor (2000)
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapist (1997)
- M.A. in Counselling Studies (1994)
- Certificate in counselling (1990)
I also regularly participate in continuing professional development in order to maintain the standard of my work.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My special interests include cross-cultural issues, and I have worked with many people from ethnic minority backgrounds and offered counselling and psychotherapy in English to people for whom English is their second language as well as their first language. I have conducted research and published many academic and professional papers on this subject. I also offer workshops, training and public speaking, and have given talks in the media about mental health and cross-cultural issues.
In recent years, I have developed an interest in, and worked on the psychological effects of physical illness.
I used to work as a student counsellor in higher education. I am very used to work with students and young adults.
£65 per 50 minute session for individual counselling. Sessions are weekly.
Your treatment fees may be covered by private medical insurance, but please verify this with me and your provider before treatment commences. Depending on the insurance company, the fee which covers your treatment may vary.
Please enquire for fees and frequencies for couple counselling as it differs from individual counselling.
The sessions are strictly confidential. During the first session, we will discuss if we can work together, and the terms and conditions will be explained.
I am also a fully qualified supervisor, being registered with United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and offer supervision for other counsellors, psychotherapists and those who are in training.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Afternoons and some evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am also a fully qualified supervisor obtained Diploma from CCPE in 2000 and I am registered with United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) as a supervisor.View supervision profile