- Hallo and welcome to my service. I am a trained and registered Counsellor and previously worked for 35 years in the NHS.
- I offer a place and time that is private and dedicated to you. It can be hard to begin to talk about very personal feelings and events - but I hope that you will feel comfortable and supported by me, whatever you wish to explore about you and your life.
- We start by making an agreement about how we are going to work together and then we check how we are doing after an agreed number of sessions, so that we stay focussed.Sometimes this work can be hard, and I encourage you to "stick with it" for at least three sessions.
- I look forward to meeting you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have an Arts degree and qualified as a Nurse and Health Visitor, with an extra qualification in Sexual Health. I worked in the NHS for thirty-plus years.
- I hold the Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling 2010
- Also, Introduction to Transactional Analysis (T.A. 101) 2014
- I have recently completed 5 years as a Counsellor in 2 Universities. I have also had experience in counselling in a Cancer Care Centre.
- I undertake regular group and individual supervision, to ensure that I am practising ethically and safely.
- I now have a Founation Certificate in TA therapy. I can explain about this when we meet if you would like to know. I will be completing extra training in Couples work this year.
- I have over 400 counselling sessions under my belt!
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Loss, including the death of a pet.
- I charge £40.00 per session, and accept cheque or cash.
My counselling room is on the ground floor of the building, and is private and quiet. There is a friendly waiting area. I collect you from the waiting area but do not use your name if others are present, unless ok with you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||German, some French|
I can offer you a 50 minute session between the hours of 8 a.m to 7 pm, which would then be your regular "slot" as long as you are coming for counselling.
Types of client