Hertford Counselling Service
Suite 3, Prince Of Wales House
3 Bluecoats Avenue
01992 501850 / 07538 119644
Are you finding life difficult at the moment, stressed or anxious at work or home? Or are things just getting on top of you? Talking can help you move to a more positive position and improve or resolve issues you are facing.
Deciding which counsellor is right for you can be daunting.
For this reason, I offer a free 20 minute consultation.
This can be face to face or by phone.
Over several years of counselling with people of all ages, I have come to appreciate how the experiences in our formative years as children and young adolescents are so significant in how we respond to events in our day-to-day lives. I have experience working with many of the different issues that come up in every day life such as anxiety, depression, trauma and bereavement.
I work intuitively with you to help clarify your thoughts and feelings and enable you to see things from a different perspective. My main objective is to work with you to understand yourself better, and to allow you to move forwards with your life.
Located in the centre of Hertford, my office offers a neutral setting for discussions in a discreet and friendly environment, with free parking. For further information please visit my website or contact me.
"Dear Vincent, just wanted to say Thank You so much for your support with George at his sessions. He found you very easy to get along with and related to you and your advice really well. He is now in a place that he can work with the strategies you have put in place together. He enjoyed his time with you and said it was easy to relax in your company and the surroundings." George (15-years-old), May 2016
"It has been liberating to be able to share my feelings with someone
without (too much) fear and you have helped me to look at things differently,
which I value more than you probably appreciate!"
Ms N, Herts, Oct 2015
"Thank you Vincent for the work we have done on my acute anxiety
of travelling in confined spaces. I'm now able to control my emotions and
behaviour to the extent that I can relax when flying."
Ken Rowswell, Potters Bar
"Thank you Vincent, I found the experience of counselling
with you incredibly grounding and life-changing."
Robert Branson, St Albans
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling: Covering Humanistic integrative, person-centred, Gestalt behavioural theories including CBT and Psychodynamic.
- Foundation course in Psychodynamic and Person-Centred Counselling, Hertfordshire University
- Stage 3 EMDR trained (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing): World recognised treatment for trauma and PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
- Secondary Academy School, Hertfordshire: providing counselling services to young adults at a mixed secondary school
- Enfield Carers, Enfield: providedcounselling to long-term carers finding it difficult to cope caring for a family member.
- St Albans Bereavement Network, St Albans: worked with adults with overwhelming loss who had been referred to the Network by their GP.
- Secondary State School, Hertfordshire: provided counselling services to children at a mixed Secondary School.
- 331, Young Person’s Walk-in Centre, Barnet: worked with adolescents and young adults from ages 13 to 23, liaising with schools and CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) when required.
- Princes Trust, Barnet: counselled long-term carers caring for a family member.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
£45-55 per session, with each session being 50 minutes.
I also offer one or two sessions per week at reduced rates for students and low-income families. Please ask for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 10am to 8pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm
Types of client