Victoria Karp MBACP;UKCP Accredited and Registered Psychotherapist
The Lodge House
I am a BACP and UKCP accredited and registered integrative psychotherapist with 15 years working in the NHS as a mental health therapist. I work with adults, couples, children, young people and their families and teenagers. I have 10 years experience working within CAMHS and specialist schools. I am bilingual and can provide therapy in Spanish if required.
My work with adults incorporates psycho-dynamic theory, cognitive behavioural therapy and mindfulness. I provide short term mindfulness group work for professionals, schools and within the community.
I believe that early relationships and experiences play an important role in shaping our identity and how we see and organize the world. I am also interested in exploring and understanding how our thoughts, feelings, bodily reactions and behaviours interconnect with our overall health and well being. I believe that therapy can be a safe environment where we can explore our thoughts and feelings as well as build the resilience needed to improve the way we relate to ourselves and others. Validation and respect for each others views, acceptance of who we are and empathy for what we have experienced is key to a positive therapeutic experience. I incorporate tools and strategies from cognitive behavioural therapy to using relaxation, meditation and mindfulness to support my patients in the management of their psychological and physical pain. I also use play therapy, drawings and role play in my work with young children.
I provide training and supervision to professionals who work in mental health, schools and charitable organizations. I also teach on a wide variety of clinical and psychotherapy related subjects.
Read Interview with Surrey and Borders NHS Foundation Trust http://www.sabp.nhs.uk/partnershippeople/partnership-people-issue-79/interviews/all-about-me-victoria-karp
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2002 BA(Hons) Degree in Psychology
- 2005 Post Graduate Degree in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- 2003-2005 Worked in East London and the City Mental Health Trust as a trainee psychotherapist in the area of adult psychological therapy services (PTS)
- 2014 I was awarded the Service to the Community Award by the Mayor of Guildford for my years of dedication to improving the mental health provisions for children and young people in south-west Surrey
- 2005- 2015 worked as a specialist primary mental health therapist, clinical team lead, supervisor and teacher/trainer, community development manager and primary mental health worker in CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) working with a wide variety of issues affecting toddlers, children, young people and their families.
I have a specialist interest and incorporate psycho-dynamic theory, cognitive behavioural therapy, attachment based psychotherapy, play therapy, mindfulness and visualization and affirmative belief to my practice.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Eating, sleeping and toileting issues in toddlers and children. I can support families in understanding and dealing with a wide range of behavioural issues in children and young people. I work with anxiety, phobias and self esteem problems. I can also help with family issues(separation, divorce, bereavement) as well as treat anger,self harm and depression in children and adolescents. I have significant clinical experience working with children and young people on the autistic spectrum and with a diagnosis of ADH-D.
All my treatments are specifically tailored to my patients and I am happy to discuss this with you.
Contact me today to discuss how psychotherapy can help you.
If you are a professional or student looking for psychotherapy or additional supervision, please contact me to discuss slots and student rates.
- Initial inquiry FREE
- Individual therapy session (50 minutes) £55-£75
- Children's therapy session (30 minutes) £40
- Concession rate £55
- Students of psychotherapy and counselling (50 minutes) £55
- Supervision for professionals and trainee therapists £45
- Consultation and Supervision to professionals and organizations from £25/hour
- Group therapy/mindfulness session (50 minutes) -please contact me to discuss
- Training and Workshops-please contact me to discuss
- Teaching MIndfulness to children and adolescents £25/hour
Please feel free to contact me with your query. I am a friendly and helpful professional. If I cannot help you through my speciality then I am very happy to recommend one of my colleagues within my practice.I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Saturday Clinic 9AM-3PM Monday 9-5PM Friday supervision by appointment only
Types of client