0781 758 3847
Is Counselling Right For You and What To Expect From It:
We all face challenges and difficulties at times in our lives. Sometimes these can leave us feeling isolated, lonely, overwhelmed and unsure of what to do. As a client I would aim to provide you with a safe, confidential, empathic and non-judgemental space in which to explore. Rather than give advice or tell you what to do I will aim to work collaboratively with you to find the best way forward to suit your needs.
I am happy to tailor the length of therapy around you. I offer 6-12 weeks short term counselling or more open ended long term therapy.
About Me - My Approach & Experience:
I am an experienced BACP registered therapist; I have worked with clients from a variety of different backgrounds. My experience with adults has largely focused around bereavement and higher education settings. I have also worked for over 10 years as a mentor, trainer and leader in a national voluntary youth organisation. Since qualifying as a therapist I have used my skills to support young people from the age of 11 upwards in a counselling capacity.
I work from an Integrative Humanistic approach. This means I place the client at the focus of the sessions and believe in the importance of the therapeutic relationship and empowering clients to exact the change in their lives which they seek. Moreover, I adapt and blend the training that I have received to meet each client’s needs. I have an understanding of a variety of modalities including the Person Centred Approach, Mindfulness based practices, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Stress Management Techniques, Performance Coaching, Psychodynamic principles, Solution Focused and Narrative Therapy. I can bring aspects of these into the sessions as and when appropriate.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications:
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP).
I hold the following counselling qualifications:
- Postgraduate Diploma, Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy – The Egan Model (Level 7)
- Pre-Practitioners Course (Person Centred) Post-Graduate Certificate in Counselling Skills (Level 6)
- Primary Certificate in Stress Management
- Honorary Therapist - Bereft Bereavement Support of Ealing
- Honorary Therapist - Off the Record Twickenham
- Honorary Therapist - St Mary’s University Student Support & Well-being Service
- Associate Therapist - Pinnacle Therapy (currently at this organisation)
Recent Continuous Professional Development Workshops Attended:
- Anxiety and Depression in young people
- Exploring invisible autism
- Integrating personality disorder research into clinical care
- Working with bereaved clients and mental health
- Bereavement and addiction
- Working with suicidal clients
- Working with sex and relationships in counselling
- Mindfulness and deep listening
- An exploration into time limited therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
Photos & videos
My Fees & Getting In Touch:
- Initial Session £30 (50 minutes)
- Ongoing one-to-one sessions £45 (50 minutes)
Concessions available, please contact me for further information.
Daytime and evening appointments available.
Please feel free to contact me by telephone or email for a short informal discussion so I can get a sense of your needs and answer any questions you might have. If you decide to go ahead, we can book our first session which is an opportunity for you to decide whether you feel comfortable working with me and for me to find out if I'm the right person to help you. If you are happy to go ahead we will continue on a weekly basis.
My Location & Accessibility:
I work from my practice in Hanwell in West London. This location is convenient for people living in Ealing, Greenford or Acton. There is free on-street parking available. The area is well served by local bus routes (E1, E2, E3, E5, E7, E10) and is a 10-15 minute walk from Hanwell or Drayton Bridge mainline train stations.
In addition to being in private practice I am also an associate at a South West London based Counselling & Training Organisation.
I have full indemnity insurance to work privately and hold a current enhanced DBS check.
I am also a fully qualified First Aid trainer and can deliver affordable training, e.g. Emergency First Aid at Work. Please contact me for further information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available.
Types of client