Veronica Winterbourne BACP accredited. HCPC. Cert.Ed.LLLS
01438 820704 / 07534 842113
I have over twenty years experience of working with clients from all walks of life with a wide and complex range of issues.
I believe the successful relationship between client and counsellor is one of trust, care and acceptance without judgement so that together we can bring about change. I offer support and strategies for letting go of whatever challenges you are facing.
Relationships, depression, stress and anxiety, anger management, addictions, spirituality, loss, trauma, abuse, whatever is diverting you from living a full and fruitful life in the here and now. My goal is to help each client recover a true sense of 'self', increase self-esteem, and feelings of self-worth whatever the issue.
I offer long and short-term therapy. The number of sessions will vary from client to client there is no minimum or maximum requirement.
I am happy to discuss any queries you may have and offer an initial half price introductory session to help you decide how you wish to move forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified and accredited BACP counsellor and supervisor, with over twenty years experience. I am registered health care professional and a qualified teacher in the life long learning sector. I have taught on the Counselling Diploma courses in Brighton and North Hertfordshire and I supervise qualified and student counsellors and other care professionals.
Although my core modality is Humanistic/Person Centred I have studied and integrate many of the other main psychotherapeutic models. My experience reflects my belief that what works best, is when the approach most suited to the individual is used, in an atmosphere of care, cooperation and trust.
I have run workshops on a number of different topics including managing stress and anxiety, loss, anger management, relationships, assertiveness and meditation and mindfulness.
My aim is to offer a professional, confidential relationship, where together we can bring about change and transcend the challenges that have brought you to counselling.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Each counselling session is 50 minutes
- Cost is £65 per session or £350.00 for 6 sessions
- Session are on a weekly basis at a mutually agreed time
- I am a founding partner in The Evolutionaries, a company offering mindfulness and meditation workshops and courses to businesses.
- I have also been a Reiki practitioner and energy worker for over twenty years.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available for both day and evening sessions (+ weekends by special arrangement).
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Supervision is a very important and interesting part of my work.View supervision profile