Veronica Grigore, BABCP (Accred), Member of BPS, division of Clinical Psychology
New Road Psychotherapy Centre
28 New Road
0778 738 8964
I am a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT therapist) specialised in the treatment of depression and anxiety related problems. I am also reaching out to people who do not have a disorder or suffer from a mental health problem, but would like to increase awareness of their own psychological functioning and improve their psychological well-being.
I am a trained CBT Therapist Supervisor.
I am an Interpersonal Therapist Trainee (treatment of Depression with a focus on Interpersonal difficulties: changes/transitions, losses, conflict, isolation/unsatisfying relationships)
How CBT can help?
CBT is an approach that can help you address suffering/emotional distress that is based on unhelpful thinking styles and negative beliefs. Attempts are made to understand what is true for you and help increase awareness on the causes and effects of your thinking and behaviour.
What can you expect from me as your therapist?
My approach in therapy is informed by CBT research and literature in that in order to arrive at an understanding of the problem (either low mood/depression or anxiety) there are four ideas that I explore:
1. If a problem has not resolved itself it means that there is something that keeps it going. I can help you challenge and question irrational thoughts, filter your worries and open up to possibilities of thinking alternatively.
2. There is a trigger for our emotions. It is important to understand the link between feelings and beliefs/impressions/assumptions. I can help you bridge the gap between your emotional voice and rational voice.
3. Learning experiences in childhood would make someone more vulnerable to developing depression or anxiety related problems. Focus is placed on linking current experiences with childhood experiences and understanding 'why am I having difficulties now?'
4. Relapse prevention work through developing deeper understanding of your psychological functioning. Working towards accepting what you can not change and changing what you can.
I am specialised in the treatment of:
- Low Self Esteem,
- Panic Disorder,
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD),
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder/(BDD)/excessive preoccupation with one's perceived physical defect,
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD),
- Generalised Anxiety (GAD)/excessive worry,
- Social Anxiety,
- Health Anxiety/health concerns,
- Simple Phobias
- Chronic Fatigue
- Sleep Difficulties
How to make contact?
Contact me either via email or phone to discuss your situation and arrange your first session. During the assessment session we will make sense of the problem that you are experiencing and elaborate a treatment plan. You can then decide whether to pursue therapy with me or not.
Training, qualifications & experience
My background is Psychology, Social Work (Child Protection) and Teaching:
- Certificate of Accreditation as a Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapist (BABCP), 2013
- PG Diploma in Psychological Intervention (CBT) School of Psychology, University of Surrey, 2011.
- Member of the British Psychological Society (division of Clinical Psychology), 2009
- University Degree Diploma, School Of Psychology, 2002
- University Degree Diploma, School of Social Work, Babes Bolya University, 1999
- Registered with the General Social Care Council from 2004 to 2010.
- Investigative Training Certificate, ABE Interviewing, June 2010
- PQSW Part 1 Programme in Child Care for Experienced Social Workers, Sussex University, 2006
- Post Graduate Certificate in Evidence Based Social Work, Sussex University, 2007
- Primary school teaching training, 1994
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Interpersonal difficulties: conflict, transitions/changes in life, losses, isolation/unsatisfying relationships.
Photos & videos
- Individual therapy: £50/1h session
- Distress understood as high intense negative feelings
- What is negative problem-solving orientation?
- Worry filtering strategies
- Dealing with uncertainty - What you need to know
- Avoidance and anger as maladaptive coping
- When feelings are denied
- The harm in making judgements
- When self-reflection is counter productive
- Feeling in control
- Proud and pride
- Chronic Fatigue - towards an understanding
- What do we have emotions for?
- The psychological mechanisms of procrastination
Please refer to the psycho education articles ‘Notes from CBT Therapist's Chair' available on my profile.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Fridays and Saturdays
Types of client