Valerie Almira-Smith MBACP Supervisor Counsellor Psychotherapist
07960 121 504
Would you like to feel better every day and stop being weighed down by worry, sadness and hurt?
Would you like to wake up in the morning and have a better outlook on life and enjoy it more and more everyday?
And would you like to work with a counsellor who cares for you, who truly listens to you and has your best interests at heart?
I offer a counselling service in West Lincoln for those coming from Lincoln, Gainsborough, Retford, Newark, Sleaford and surrounding areas in Lincolnshire.
I have experience and specialise in the following issues:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,
- Bereavement and loss,
- Relationship issues and breakdown,
- Work issues, stress and burnout,
- Low self-esteem,
- Post-natal depression,
- General Misery
- Obsessions and compulsions
My clients have achieved a better quality of life and found balance again, so don’t struggle alone, ring or text me on 07960 121 504 or email me at email@example.com for an appointment. I look forward to hearing from you. Valerie
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Certified Timeline Therapy Practitioner
- Clinical Supervision Training - Post Graduate Certificate.
- Hypnotherapy Training
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency - Counselling
- HE Diploma in Counselling
- FE Certificate in Humanistic and Existential Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Coaching Practitioner Training
- Change Management Practitioner Training
- DISC Personality profiling Training.
- Level A Psychometrics Training
- PG Dip Human Resources Management
- BA, MA Business Management, Marketing and Communication
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and a member of the BACP Coaching division. As such I abide by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
I volunteered for Hillingdon Women Centre for 3 years and still volunteer for the Priory Academy trust as a Child and young people counsellor and I am now a Lecturer in Therapeutic Counselling at Grantham College.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Domestic violence
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
During the initial introduction session we will get to discuss:
- What you expect from the sessions
- What your personal and/or professional goals are
- What I can do for you
- How we can work together
- Duration, frequency and agreed costs of the sessions
Individual 50mns sessions: £40 day time until 6pm weekdays
£50 evening and week-ends
Students, Retired and Unemployed people benefit from a 20% discount : £32
I offer mentoring to Counsellors who wish to set up their practice, for more information please contact me. See my website www.mypositivecoach.com for details
Corporate rates for employee assistance : On Application.
Payments are to be made by cheque or cash at the end of each session. Invoices can be raised on request for individuals.
I am a Higher Education Lecturer in Counselling in Grantham and I am passionate about helping others grow and raising the next generation of counsellors.
My ethical obligations and duty of care towards both clients and my profession are very important to me therefore I am working towards my BACP accreditation .
I offer mentoring to counsellors who wish to set up their practice, run a training and CPD centre for counsellors, therapists and well-being practitioners and offer supervision to counsellors.
Contact me by email for more information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Every weekday between 9.30am to 7.30pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|