Ute Dorner MBACP, PG Cert Supervision, Exp.Art Therapy & Group Work
Roy Fletcher Centre
After years of working therapeutically with clients, I believe that change is possible and each of us can reach more happiness. Many of my clients have confirmed they have achieved more fullfillment and balance in life through the help professional counselling can offer.
I am experienced in providing humanistic person-centred counselling, existentialistic Gestalt therapy, person-centred expressive arts therapy, mindfulness, yoga and embodied therapy with over 24 years of client practice. I incooperate in sessions CBTskills, where it seams to be helpful for my clients.
I offer individual counselling, process-driven couple counselling, group training and supervision for counselling professionals. I have successfully undergone an advanced CRB-check as I work with all age groups from 11 years onwards. I provide long term or short term counselling, face to face, phone and skype counselling.
Research has shown that counselling which engages the client actively is more effectieve. thats why I love to incooperate mixed art medias and movement into the sessions if my clients wish. My knowledge as facilitator for mindfulness groups and yoga (kundalini) offers to my clients techniques such as meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, relaxation and visualisation to combat anxiety and depression.
My experience includes distressed clients; who had diverse or multiple issues such as self development, trauma and crises, bereavement and loss, depression, anxiety and panic disorder, disability, cancer, eating and energy problems, stress and redundancy, family issues, relationship problems, retirement, work place conflict.
I offer counselling in 3 languages - English, German, Dutch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Person-centred Expressive Art Groupwork, PCEAG; 2015; Kendal
- Person-centred Expressive Art therapy (PCEAT), 2012; Kendal
- Level 3 Supervisor for Counselling, 2012, Ludlow
- Child Bereavement Counselling, 2011, Shrewsbury
- Level 4 Diploma in Theory and Practice of Person-Centred Counselling, 2005-2010, Walford and North-Shropshire College
- Bereavement Counselling Training 2006-2007, Shrewsbury
- Various courses in Mindfulness techniecs; Yoga, Meditation, Shiatsu, Tai Chi, Relaxation, Healing and Visualisation from 1990-2006, in NL/SW/BE
- Certificate in Embodied Gestalt Therapy and Gestalt-Mythology, Gestalt-Dream work and Expressive Arts in Gestalt, 1989-1991, The Netherlands
I have experience working as a counsellor and body-therapist:
- in Private Practice since 1992 in The Netherlands and England
- NHS- Counselling in GP practice in North-Shropshire 2009-2011
- for Cruse Bereavement Agency in Shropshire since 2007
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
anxiety &panic disorder
stress related symptoms:
tension in mind and body
physical and emotional wellbeing
difficulties in workplace
difficult past experiences
lack of self-esteem and self-confidence
Photos & videos
My fees are payable by cash or cheque (with bank card) in the session. I take one payment in advance.
- £ 45 - £ 60 for counselling therapy session - 60 minutes
- £ 55 - £ 75 counselling for couples - 75 minutes
- £ 20 for group session using Expressive Arts or Mindfulness (2.5 hours)
- £ 50 for a day workshop using Expressive Arts or Mindfulness (6 hours)
- For clients with low income (benefits and students) there are a couple of places reserved for a negotiated reduced fee.
If you would like to know more about me and my counselling practice send an email, or if you want to book an appointment you can text or phone me on 07909960412. I am happy to talk to you about any questions you have.
Venues for day time appointments:
- I use a very nice venue in Telford/Wellington; there is free parking in front of the building and the rooms are easy accessible for disabled clients.
- I see also clients in Oswestry; the venue is in the town centre and affordable (50p for 1 hour) parking facilities are next to the building. The counselling rooms are on the 1st floor and accessible for disabled clients via the lift!
- I see clients in Shrewsbury in the town centre at the Roy Fletcher Centre or at the Lantern.
- i am now also available for counselling sessions in Chester/Upton, Chester Clinic, parking directly infront of the clinic.
Venues for evening appointments:
There are appointments available in Oswestry, Chester and in Shrewsbury
Sometimes we face life changes we cannot understand, adjust to, cope with or which frighten us. At these times it can be a great relief to talk with someone who knows how to support professionally, and knows how to help through listening and not judging.
After 24 years of practising various forms of counselling I believe we are carrying the resources within to allow change to happen. Life is a journey where change is inevitable, we cannot resist it but we can learn to cope with new circumstances, ideas and beliefs.
I learned to trust this process of change as I have done this journey many times in my life and I have been alongside many clients supporting them to go through a transition to help find their own solutions through the use of therapeutic interventions.
I developed a deep understanding of cultural differences and ethical diversity having spent many years in different countries. I believe I am empathic with everyone who needs a helping hand to start anew and struggles with it.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||German and Dutch|
Day time = Oswestry, Shrewsbury & Telford Evening = Oswestry & Shrewsbury, Chester = day and evening
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|