Ute Dorner MBACP, PG Cert Supervision, Exp.Art Therapy & Group Work
07909960412 / 07909960412
I am experienced in humanistic person-centred Counselling (dip), existentialistic Gestalt therapy (cert), Person-centred Expressive Arts Therapy (cert), Mindfulness Therapy and Embodied Therapy (cert) with over 25 years of client practice. I offer one to one counselling or group facilitation and process-driven Couple Counselling and Supervision for counselling professionals. I have been advanced CRB-checked as I work with all age groups from 14 years onwards.
I provide long term or short term counselling and telephone counselling as agreed. My experience includes distressed clients; who had diverse or multiple issues such as self development, trauma and crises, bereavement and loss, depression, anxiety and panic disorder, disability, cancer, eating and energy problems, stress and redundancy, family issues, relationship problems, retirement, work place conflict.
I have extensive therapeutic expertise in working with Expressive Art (Degree) and I integrate Mindfulness and Relaxation Techniques such as meditation, yoga and visualisation (cert.).
I offer Counselling in 3 languages - English, German, Dutch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Person-centred Expressive Art Groupwork, PCEAG; 2015; Kendal
- Person-centred Expressive Art therapy (PCEAT), 2012; Kendal
- Level 3 Supervisor for Counselling, 2012, Ludlow
- Child Bereavement Counselling, 2011, Shrewsbury
- Level 4 Diploma in Theory and Practice of Person-Centred Counselling, 2005-2010, Walford and North-Shropshire College
- Bereavement Counselling Training 2006-2007, Shrewsbury
- Various courses in Mindfulness techniecs; Yoga, Meditation, Shiatsu, Tai Chi, Relaxation, Healing and Visualisation from 1990-2006, in NL/SW/BE
- Certificate in Embodied Gestalt Therapy and Gestalt-Mythology, Gestalt-Dream work and Expressive Arts in Gestalt, 1989-1991, The Netherlands
I have experience working as a counsellor and body-therapist:
- in Private Practice since 1992 in The Netherlands and England
- NHS- Counselling in GP practice in North-Shropshire 2009-2011
- for Cruse Bereavement Agency in Shropshire since 2007
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
stress related symptoms:
physical and emotional wellbeing
Photos & videos
My fees are payable by cash or cheque (with bank card) at the end of the session. I take one payment in advance.
- £ 35- £ 75 for counselling therapy session - 60 minutes
- £ 45- £ 75 counselling for couples - 80 minutes
- £ 20 for group session using Expressive Arts or Mindfulness (2.5 - 3 hours)
- £ 50 for a day workshop using Expressive Arts or Mindfulness (6 hours)
- For clients with low income (benefits and students) are a couple of places reserved for a negotiated reduced fee.
If you would like to know more about me and my counselling practice send an email, or if you want to book an appointment you can text or phone me on 07909960412. I am happy to talk to you about any questions you have.
Venues for day time appointments:
- I use a very nice venue in Telford/Wellington; there is free parking in front of the building and the rooms are easy accessible for disabled clients.
- I see also clients in Oswestry; the venue is in the town centre and affordable (80 p for 2 hours) parking facilities are next to the building. The counselling rooms are on the 1st floor and accessible for disabled clients via the lift!
- I see clients in Shrewsbury in the town centre at the Roy Fletcher Centre or at the Lantern.
Venues for evening appointments:
There are appointments available in Oswestry and in Shrewsbury.
Sometimes we face life changes we cannot understand, adjust to, cope with or which frighten us. At these times it can be a great relief to talk with someone who knows how to support professionally, and knows how to help through listening and not judging.
After 20 years of practising various forms of counselling I believe we are all capable of changing with a helping hand and that we carry the resources within to allow change to happen. Life is a journey where change is inevitable, we cannot resist it but we can learn to cope with new circumstances, ideas and beliefs.
I learned to trust this process of change because I have done this journey many times in my life and I can be alongside a person going through a change to help find your own solutions through the use of therapeutic interventions.
I developed a deep understanding of cultural differences and ethical diversity having spent many years in different countries. I believe I can be empathic with everyone who needs to start anew and struggles with it.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||German and Dutch|
Day time in Oswestry, Shrewsbury and Telford available and evening appointments in Oswestry and Shrewsbury available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|