Dr Trish Turner - BSc (hons) Counselling, Reg. MBACP, Reg. MUKCP
15 Tuesday Market Place
07729 332 174
- Distressed or anxious?
- Feelings of depression, sadness, grief or emptiness?
- Difficulty making or sustaining relationships, or repeatedly becoming involved in unsatisfying or destructive relationships?
- Finding it hard to cope with the stress in your life?
- Experienced trauma, violence or abuse?
- Having trouble making important decisions?
- Stuck in a rut?
- Recently experienced divorce, redundancy or health issues?
- Want to achieve balance in your life?
It can help to talk things over with someone. Counselling and psychotherapy gives you an opportunity to talk with someone in confidence, to work out why you are feeling as you do, to break out of unhelpful patterns and to find your own ways of coping better with the situations that face you. I provide a calm, safe space in which we can explore what is going on for you.
I am an 'integrative counsellor' and an 'intersubjective psychotherapist'. This means that I am not tied to one model of therapy, but instead work to suit the needs of each client. I am non-judgemental and supportive, but I can also give gentle challenge. I am also a qualified coach and can use some of those skills to help you, if appropriate.
Sessions take place at the same place and time, usually every week, and whatever is said during the 60 minutes is confidential. I work with adults over the age of 18 years, but I'm sorry, not couples, families or children.
First step - a free telephone consultation
When you contact me, we will need to have a brief chat on the telephone about your needs and make arrangements to meet. This will take about 15 minutes and gives you a chance to see if you feel you can work with me and you can ask any questions you may have.
The first session is a bit more formal, as I will need to ask you some questions and give you some information about confidentiality and how we will work together and I will give you an agreement to take away and read and we will sign this at the next session. In a regular session, you will usually do more talking and I will do more listening, but I will ask questions and talk things through with you about your thoughts, feelings and emotions in a safe, calm environment.
My therapy room is in the town centre of King's Lynn, where there is metered short-stay parking right outside the front door or cheaper long stay parking just a couple of minutes walk away. The room is on the first floor, tucked away, and there are toilets available. I'm afraid there is no disabled access.
More about me
I am an accredited and registered member of the United Kingdom Council For Psychotherapy (UKCP), a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and a member of the Psychotherapeutic Counselling and Intersubjective Psychotherapy College. I adhere to both the UKCP and the BACP ethical frameworks. I have regular supervision to help ensure the safety and quality of my practice and I am also a supervisor of other counsellors.
In addition to my private practice, I work work with employee assistance programmes to help employees deal with personal problems that might adversely impact their work performance, health, and well-being.
I have a BSc (hons) degree in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling with Middlesex University and an Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling with the Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy. I am also a supervisor of other counsellors and psychotherapists.
I hold an enhanced CRB Certificate.
(Please note that my doctorate is not in counselling, but in health policy research and is non-medical).
"Thank you for your patience, kindness and tenacity in helping me. It has genuinely been life-changing and I am deeply grateful."
Training, qualifications & experience
Related to counselling and coaching, I have:
- BACP endorsed certificate in clinical counselling supervision (2014)
- BSc (hons) in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling with Middlesex University (2013). The course is accredited by the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
- Advanced Diploma, Integrative Counselling, The Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy (2013)
- Making Trauma Therapy Safer: The Psychophysiology of Trauma and PTSD: Babette Rothschild (2013)
- Diploma HE, Integrative Counselling: The Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy (2012)
- Coaching Supervision: The Bath Consultancy Group/National Leadership Council (2012)
- Senior Practitioner in Coaching and Mentoring: The OCM and accredited by the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (2011)
- Performance Coaching: University of Strathclyde and The School of Coaching (2010)
I also have the following qualifications:
- PhD (Doctorate) in health policy research: University of East Anglia (2011)
First Class BA (hons) Degree in Policy, Planning and Leadership for Health Professionals: University of East Anglia. (2002) (please note this is not medical).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Therapist in training
Counsellor in training
Photos & videos
My fees are £60 per session.
Each session lasts 60 minutes and we will usually meet once a week at the same time.
I provide short-term counselling, which would generally involve up to 8 sessions, and longer term counselling which means it can be open-ended, depending on your needs.
I have daytime appointments between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday - Thursday. Please note that I may have a waiting list.
I'm afraid I do not provide couples or family counselling, but work with adult individuals only, over the age of 18.
I am a registered member of the following:
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy Register
- Psychotherapeutic Counselling and Intersubjective Psychotherapy College
- European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)
- BACP Coaching
I have regular clinical supervision, and ongoing continuing professional development, and strict confidentiality is maintained.
Please note that I am also a Director and Co-Founder of a company that provides accredited coach training to qualified therapists, endorsed by BACP: www.therapist2coach.co.uk
Please also see my profile on the lifecoaching directory.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have sessions available for you now.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
As a supervisor working with individuals and groups, I support transformational practice, ensuring quality is maintained and helping to tackle ethical dilemmas.View supervision profile