Trish McGrath MBACP
Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile page .
I hope I can support you to understand more about what Counselling is all about, and show you where you can get some more information if you need to, for either yourself or someone you know.
There are many reasons people choose to work with me ,some of them are listed here on my profile page .It may be you don’t recognise any of the examples on the list , but what you do recognise is you just don’t feel like yourself at the moment , how you are responding to people around you , and how your day dealing with day to day life either at work or home .You may not be used to feeling like this, you’re not even sure how you got here, but you do know you would like to understand what your experiencing so you can works towards feeling more in control and get back to you .
I am not here to judge or have an opinion on anything you share with me , and I never assume I know how you are feeling . I don’t offer you solutions or give you tasks to complete because I believe you have the answers you need, and you are the best , and only expert in yourself .By giving yourself the time and space to unpick what you are experiencing , and how this has made you feel you can work through how you may want to deal with what is on your mind, in your way , when you are ready.
I can work with you face to face at the Tower Clinic in Leeds,The Core in Barnsley or by video call /telephone if you prefer .To make sure you choose the therapy that best suits what you need contact me at my profile page here at Counselling Directory or using the links attached at my profile pages on Plus Guidance or The Tower Clinic Leeds . We can arrange to talk through any questions you have ,and I can let you know more about how I work so you can decide if working with me will work for you.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Tower Clinic Leeds http://www.towerclinic.co.uk/therapy/talking-therapy/
Plus Guidance https://plusguidance.com/trishmcgrath
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy – MBACP .
- You can find out more about the BACP , and what Counselling is all about by taking a look at their website BACP
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Photos & videos
How Much Does Each Session Cost
Each session is 50 minutes in total and costs £40.00 per session.
How Many Sessions Would You Have ?
- People work with me for around 8-10 sessions , this is just a guide for you to understand how long you may expect to work with me for , you may decide you want to work with me for a shorter time or that you would like more sessions.
- To make sure you are getting the most from your sessions , we will talk through how you feel the sessions are going at regular intervals , we will agree how often we will review together at our first session . The reviews will help you to understand what you have covered in the sessions we have had , and what you feel you may have left to work through .
Is Online Therapy Right For You ?
- You may not be sure what to expect from Online Counselling , how it works and what it could look like for you .Maybe you have more questions than answers at the moment , and your unsure of what to do to take the first steps to support you to decide .
- It may help to take a look at the User Guides available on Plus Guidance they include some useful information that may help you to make a more informed decision ,and support you to understand if Online Counselling is right for you :https://plusguidance.com/user-guides
Where Can You Get Help ?
- To find out where you can get help , what types of help there are , or if your worried about someone you know and are not sure what to do to help them .
- You may find the detail available on Counselling Directory- "Getting Help" supports you to answer some of the questions you may have :http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/gettinghelp.html
If You Need Help Immeadiatley
- If you or someone you know is experiencing a sudden, rapid deterioration in mental health ( eg a panic attack, hallucinations, or uncontrollable anxiety), or if you feel you , or someone you know is in immediate danger of harming themselves or harming others. It is important to access help immeadiatley as Counselling wont be a suitable option for you at this time .
- You can find information on where you can get immeadiate help at "Are You In Crisis " at Plus Guidance here :https://plusguidance.com/are-you-in-a-crisis
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|