Trish Dean MBACP
I am based in the centre of Barnstaple, close to public transport and parking.
I believe that counselling is a collaborative process in which we work together on what you want to change. I will support you by:
- finding ways to deal with uncomfortable thoughts and feelings you may be experiencing
- providing a safe, confidential space for you to explore any worries or anxieties
- working towards clarity and understanding about aspects of your life that are causing confusion
- reflecting on your past to make sense of the present
Depression, anxiety and low self esteem often result from how we learnt to cope when our needs were not properly met. We will work side-by-side to understand past ways of coping and enable you to have choices to change how you do things.
As a qualified therapist, I am a member of the BACP and follow their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, receiving regular supervision from a qualified supervisor to ensure that I adhere to this framework.
I work within the limits of my training; if I feel I am unable to help you personally, I will aim to provide you with information to take the next step.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
I have been a volunteer counsellor with NDADA (North Devon Against Domestic Abuse) and Tower House Counselling: Student Support Service
I have a background in homeopathy and reiki
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
£40 per session of one hour duration.
Availability: Monday 10am onwards or evening appointments by arrangement
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 10am onward. Evening appointments by arrangement
Types of client