I believe that counselling is a collaborative process in which we work together on what you want to change, with you leading the way. I will support you by:
- finding ways to deal with uncomfortable thoughts and feelings you may be experiencing
- providing a safe, confidential space for you to explore any worries or anxieties
- working towards clarity and understanding about aspects of your life that are causing confusion
- reflecting on your past to make sense of the present
Depression, anxiety and low self esteem often result from how we learnt to cope when our needs were not properly met. We will work side-by-side to understand past ways of coping and enable you to have choices to change how you do things.
I am based in Barnstaple and have just completed my Level 5 Diploma training in therapeutic counselling. As a qualified therapist, I am a member of the BACP and follow their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, receiving regular supervision from a qualified supervisor to ensure that I adhere to this framework.
I work within the limits of my training; if I feel I am unable to help you personally, I will aim to provide you with information to take the next step.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
I have been a volunteer counsellor with NDADA (North Devon Against Domestic Abuse) and Tower House Counselling: Student Support Service
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40 per session of one hour duration
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|