Tricia Greenwood, Accredited MBACP (Registered) , Dip Couns, M.A., B.A.
0771 227 1958
If you are looking at this website, the chances are that you are thinking about finding a counsellor to work with. It can be a daunting task to find someone who you feel comfortable with, and who will be effective in helping you with your concerns.To help you with this, I offer a free 30 minute session either face to face or on the phone so that we can meet one another to discuss your issues and for me to explain how I can help you.
My way of working with you:
I will listen carefully and attentively to your concerns, without judging you or telling you what you should do. I will ask you questions to help me understand what is troubling you and to give you the opportunity to reflect on your thoughts and feelings. This helps to deepen your understanding and awareness of yourself, which enables you to make positive changes in your life.
You will be very much an active participant in this process and in learning new skills to help you imporve your sense of well being.
How can I help you?
At some time in our lives we all face things that cause us unhappiness:
- Anxiety, stress, panic attacks or depression.
- We may feel unable to cope or we don’t know which way to turn.
- We may have lost confidence or esteem in ourselves.
There may be more obvious reasons such as:
- Relationship difficulties
- Anger management issues
- Separation and divorce
- Loss and bereavement
- Family or parenting issues
- Illness and pain
- Work issues
- Illness and pain
(Please see full list of issues I work with below.)
I offer a safe place to look at difficult feelings, problems and choices within a confidential, warm and non judgemental relationship. This provides the conditions that can enable you to explore, understand and make changes that can lead to a happier and more satisfying way of living.
I also offer anxiety and stress management, based on Mindfulness practices.
Telephone counselling ( for people unable to meet face to face):
Some years ago, I became aware of the changing needs and expectations of people for more flexibility and easier access to counselling. In response to this growing need, as well as providing face to face counselling, I have been providing counselling via the telephone, Skype,and Face time to people in the UK and worldwide for the last 7 years.
All you need is a quiet private place, where you can talk freely.
For more information please visit my website at: tgcounselling.com
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been a qualified counsellor since 1999. In the same year I set up, led and clinically supervised a cancer counselling service in Frome, Somerset, called Positive Action on Cancer, now called 'We Are Here'.
I have worked for a number of national organisations, including CRUSE bereavement counselling, RELATE, MacMillan Cancer Support, Meningitis Research Foundation, Off The Record Youth Counselling, Wiltshire Offending Team, and Employee Assistance Programmes as a counsellor, clinical supervisor and trainer.
I have a wealth of experience of counselling individuals and couples, and of supervising counsellors both individually and within organisations. I have also been a trainer for Macmillan Cancer Support and RELATE.
I have been an accredited registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy since 2004 and I abide by their Code of Ethics. (A copy of which can be made available to you upon request).
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling from UWE, Bristol, 1999.
- Certificate in Supervision, CSTD,taught by Robin Shohet, 2006
- Other qualifications; M.A (Education), B.A.(Hons), Sociology and Social Psychology, P.G.C.E.
- Macmillan Cancer Support - Cancer, Image and Sexuality and Innovative approaches to working with cancer patients and their families.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and Cognitive Therapy training.
- Stress Management training: Stress Consultancy.
- Online and telephone counselling training: Talk to a counsellor
- CRUSE bereavement counselling training.
- Human Givens - Guided Visualisation for Therapeutic Change and Understanding and stopping addictive behaviours.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Our initial contact will be for 30 minutes and is free.
Subsequent sessions are for 50 minutes and cost £40. Couples: £45.
To make an appointment for a free first session, you can contact me on:
Tel: 0771 227 1958
If I am unable to take your call please leave a message with your name and number, and please say if you are happy for me to leave a message on your voice mail when I return your call.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available between 9am and 7pm weekdays and the sessions are for 50 minutes.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Why is supervision essential for the therapist?.View supervision profile