Tony Donaghy Psychotherapist/counsellor
0117 9556323 / 07948 551325
PSYCHOTHERAPY, FOR WOMEN AND MEN
As an experienced Gestalt Psychotherapist, I offer a sensitive, imaginative and professional approach. I have worked since 1988 with women and men, both individually and as couples. I have facilitated different types of groups, including ongoing mixed and men's therapy and experiential groups, staff support groups, and training for public sector care workers in the drug abuse and alcoholism field .
YOU ARE LOVING AND LOVABLE
A core aspect of my philosophy is that human beings are loving and lovable and that we flourish through these experiences, or else become dis-eased through either lack or distortions of them. I aim to work with your experience, perceptions and belief systems about yourself. Returning our joint focus to deep awareness we collaborate in exploring how these help or hinder your current life needs and desires.
THE COMMITMENT TO SELF CARE
The decision to commit to a period of counselling/therapy can come from a number of motivations. It may be a time to take stock, review or explore unfinished experiences which may be blocking the way forward. A current life crisis, such as an ending of a relationship, the loss of a loved one,or some inexplicable sense of unhappiness or absence of fulfillment, prompting a desire to explore thoughts, feelings and dreams, in an attempt to make sense of the experience. These are some of the reasons for seeking support through counselling/therapy. Whatever the reason I bring warmth, sensitivity, curiosity, humour and experience to help you create a safe crucible to explore issues that at times may be painful.
THRIVE AND FLOURISH
It is also important to note that the purpose of therapy is not by any means only to bring to awareness the ways in which we are blocked. in the course of the therapeutic experience, creativity, thriving and flourishing also receive as much attention as do suffering and personal difficulties .
Training, qualifications & experience
GESTALT PSYCHOTHERAPIST , GESTALT STUDIO , LONDON
- Psychotherapist/ counsellor , Gestalt Studio London .
- Course in Somatic Psychotherapy,Jig Labworth, Exeter,
- Story-telling/ Ancestral work, Spirit Horse, Wales.
- Group Analytic Network, Bath. Analytic groupwork .
- 'Image and Myth', Art therapy, The Pelican Centre, Somerset .
- Group Leaders training , Chiron Centre, London.
- Oriental Medicine, Shiatsu and Wholefood cookery, Kushi Institute London.
- Meditation Trainings 1) Transendental meditation, 2) Muktananda, 3)Zen Practice, 4) Insight Dialogue.
- Life drawing,painting and sculpture, Queen's Road, Bristol. Continuing as working artist, with several exhibitions, to date.
- From 2012, studying Open Path, Nondual Awareness with Elias Amidon,spiritual director of the Sufi Way International. Ongoing.
- Mixed-gender ongoing experiential groups.
- Teacher/facilitator for staff team,drug and alcohol abuse centre, Wales.
- Mens groups, including assisting Nick Duffel -'Sex,Spirit,Soul.
- Team Building for Music Therapists in NHS, Bristol.
- Group day, For staff of Terence Higgins Trust, Bristol.
- Staff team, Religious Order, Bristol.
INDEPENDENT PRACTITIONERS NETWORK
Formative to my work and development over the last 15 years is my involvement in The Independent Practitioners Network, through whose process I am accredited. I am an active participant in the full member group 'Leonard Piper', to whose code of ethics I adhere. For more information you can visit the website at, i-p-n.org
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
My hourly charges are :
Individuals : £ 45
Couples : £ 50
Groups : £ 60
Fees are negotiable, depending on circumstances.
I offer an initial session, Effectively a mutual interview, where jointly we decide if we sense a good connection, which we trust will enable us to work together. This session is chargeable at the agreed rate.
My GESTALT practice is in,St. Werburgh's, Bristol. Easy access from M32. 5 minutes from junction 3, or 20 minutes walk from Bristol Central Bus Station, or bus number,5 or 25 will take you to within a few hundred yards of my address. For early arrivers there is a pleasant leafy park with benches. You will find adequate local parking.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
In person by phone; Mondays through to Thursdays, 11am-7pm, or via email or Workphone number answering machine service at all other times.