Tina Westmoreland MBACP (Accred).
I'm an experienced counsellor & psychotherapist used to working with a wide range of issues and specialise in working with Carers. I offer an accepting relationship, through which I aim to understand what it’s like to inhabit your world. Together we can work through your difficulties to improve your wellbeing and/or make any changes you want.
What I Offer
- I'm qualified, registered and Accredited with BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy). BACP accreditation is a further quality standard for the experienced practitioner who has demonstrated high standards of competent and ethical practice.
- I adhere wholeheartedly to the BACP Ethical Framework.
- I'm fully insured and hold a current DBS certificate (Disclosure & Barring Service)
- I work from comfortable rooms close to the town centre in Harrogate - also easily accessible from Knaresborough, Ripon, Wetherby & Leeds either by public transport or, if you're driving there's parking nearby.
- I work with adults of all ages and this can be over a few sessions, longer-term or open-ended, depending on your needs.
How I Work
My training is 'Integrative' – which basically means I'm able to draw on a number of theories to tailor our work to your individual needs. I do this from a humanistic perspective and rather than give advice I'll help you gain a better understanding and acceptance of yourself and encourage you to connect with your innate resources. What underpins my approach is a firm belief in the healing potential of relationship - and research shows that whatever the mode of therapy, it’s the quality of the therapeutic relationship that’s important. Furthermore, gaining awareness of relational patterns in the therapy room can often be the the key to improving relationships outside.
I know that it can be daunting, especially if this is your first step towards seeking some help. You can contact me by phone (07922 226229) or simply by clicking the Email button. Initial telephone discussions are free of charge, so please contact me for an informal chat if you're wondering if counselling might help or you have further questions. If I'm unable to answer your call immediately, please leave your contact details and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP (Accred)
- PG Dip Counselling & Psychotherapy (York St John)
- Certificate in Working with Couples
- Certificate in Mental Health Studies (Leeds Met)
- BA (Hons)
- Institute of Personnel & Development Diploma (previously Chartered MIPD)
In line with BACP requirements I continue to expand my knowledge & skills through regular CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
- Previously Case Manager & Counsellor for a Well Being at Work Organisation (EAP).
- Several years as a counsellor for a community counselling service.
- Counselling for an Addictions service.
- Bereavement counselling - Cruse trained.
- I've worked extensively with Carers/Families, both in the community as well as other settings such as GP practice.
- I've worked with adults of all ages covering a wide range of issues on both a brief/time-limited basis as well as longer term.
- Alongside private practice I work part-time with a Carers' organisation.
My first career was in HR management, working in a number of high profile organisations in the commercial sector.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
£40 per (50 minute) session.
Some concessions available.
Fees are payable at each session by cash or cheque.
Please note that cancellations without sufficient notice will be charged.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|