Tina Westmoreland MBACP
You may be struggling with a specific problem, or maybe you have a general sense that something's wrong? I'm a mature and experienced counsellor & psychotherapist used to working with a wide range of issues. I offer an accepting relationship, through which I aim to understand what it’s like to inhabit your world. Together we can work out what you need to improve your wellbeing and/or make any changes you want.
What I Offer
- I'm qualified & registered with BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy).
- I adhere wholeheartedly to the BACP Ethical Framework.
- I'm fully insured.
- I work from comfortable rooms close to the town centre in Harrogate, easily accessible by public transport or, if you're driving there's parking nearby.
- I work with adults of all ages and this can be over a few sessions, longer-term or open-ended, depending on your needs. This is something we can discuss at our initial session.
You can read more about my background and qualifications below.
How I Work
My training is 'Integrative' – which basically means I'm able to draw on a number of theories to tailor our work to your individual needs. Rather than give advice I'll help you gain a better understanding and acceptance of yourself and encourage you to connect with your innate resources. What underpins my approach is a firm belief in the healing potential of relationship – why else would you seek help from another person, albeit a therapist? And becoming aware of relational patterns in the therapy room can often be the the key to improving relationships outside.
I know that it can be daunting, especially if this is your first step towards seeking some help. You can contact me by phone or email, and I'll try to answer any questions you may have to help you decide whether you want to go ahead and book a session. If you decide to contact me by phone and I'm unable to answer your call immediately, please leave your contact details and I'll get back to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons)
- PG Dip Counselling & Psychotherapy (York St John)
- MBACP (registered)
- Certificate in Mental Health Studies (Leeds Met)
- Certificate in Working with Couples
- Institute of Personnel & Development Diploma (previously Chartered MIPD)
- I hold a current DBS certificate (Disclosure & Barring Service)
In line with BACP requirements I continue to expand my knowledge & skills through regular CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
My first career was in HR management and I've worked in a number of high profile organisations in the commercial sector. During this time I trained & volunteered as a bereavement counsellor with Cruse, and this led me on to a change of direction. I went on to work with Carers/Families, supporting them in the community as well as providing support in other settings such as GP practice. I worked in a specialist mental health role as well as a more generic role, supporting parent carers and older people. During this time I completed my training as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- Bereavement counselling.
- Counselling for an Addictions service.
- Several years as a generic counsellor within the voluntary sector.
- I've worked as a Counsellor & Case Manager for a Well Being at Work organisation, covering a Psychological Wellbeing Helpline, carrying out assessments, liaising with affiliate counsellors and providing brief counselling interventions.
- I've worked with adults of all ages covering a wide range of issues on both a brief/time-limited (6-8 weeks) basis as well as longer term.
- In addition to private practice I'm a counsellor with a local therapy service.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
£40 per 50 minute session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|