Tim Reynolds Psycodynamic Psychotherapist MSc MBACP
Ludgate Hill Psychotherapy Practice
89 Fleet Street
As an experienced Psychodynamic Psychotherapist and Counselor working in Central London I provide a safe and quiet non-judgmental open space for individuals where all difficult thoughts, emotions and feelings you might be experiencing can be explored together in complete confidentiality.
Talking with a psychotherapist about difficulties can help to bring clarity to your situation, change perspective and feelings about yourself and your life, creating a stronger sense of self and moving forward towards positive change.
When should start therapy?
There is no particular point in life when people turn towards therapy. It is often when confronted with a sense of not being able to move forward, or by experiencing a crisis through events such as bereavement or loss, relationship difficulties, feelings of dissatisfaction, questioning who one is, or feeling unable to get over past events. Depression and anxiety are often very hard to get over alone. Through our work together I may help you find opportunities for transformation, better communication, greater insight and enhanced fulfilment.
I work from a Psychodynamic perspective, which has proved itself effective for a wide range of problems. As a therapist I am interested in listening to you to understand the cause of your difficulties, perhaps related to experiences earlier in your life, or past problems and experiences often from childhood that affect your life today and the way you view yourself. Together we can think in a different way about your past, present and future. As the type of therapy I practice involves thinking about deep-seated ideas and sometimes traumas that are perhaps not easily talked about, building a sense of trust takes time. The success of therapy is primarily dependent on a secure therapeutic relationship - developed through acceptance, trust and safety. By not telling you what to do, being directive or giving advice, but in the forming of the relationship together, we may find understanding which can help you clarify your feelings and decide the best way forward.
How to get started
Contacting a psychotherapist can be daunting and all calls and email enquiries are treated in strict confidence. After your initial contact a first meeting will be arranged where we will explore together why you would like help, having the opportunity to talk freely about your situation and current issues as well as considering what is best for you and whether therapy may be helpful to you at this moment. This is an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about starting therapy and is also an opportunity for you to experience how it would be to work with me, and whether you feel this might be the right place for you to embark on a psychotherapy treatment.
Please contact me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am an experienced Psychodynamic Psychotherapist and Counsellor working in the NHS and in the community.
- A Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP), I work within their guidelines and am bound by stringent codes of ethical practice.
- I hold an MSc in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Counselling from Birkbeck University of London.
- I also trained at WPF Therapy in London.
- I am engaged in continuing training and professional development to ensure that my practice affords the best informed care.
- I am presently in training at the Society of Analytical Psychology (SAP).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Photos & videos
- £60 per 50 min session, payment will be discussed at the first meeting.
- Fees will take into consideration financial situation.
- All fees are subject to annual review.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Contact for availability.
Types of client