Tim Crisp, PgDip, Cert, BSc (Hons), MBACP, MBPsS
Do you feel overwhelmed or unable to cope?
That you are struggling?
Stuck in a crisis or that nobody seems to care?
Then I hope that I can help you.
As an accredited and highly-experienced therapist, I can offer you a safe and supportive environment in which to explore your thoughts and feelings. I can be that someone who will listen, help you to make sense of things, and help you to experience the healing process.
Helping adults and young people
I feel privileged to have helped many adults and young people overcome a range of issues, including:
- Anxiety and panic disorders
- Low confidence and self-esteem
- Grief and loss following bereavement
- Relationship difficulties and abuse
- Coping with a diagnosis of terminal illness
- Self-harm and suicidal tendencies
Helping people with special needs
It’s also been my pleasure to support adults and young people with special needs, both as a counsellor and a care worker. These include:
- Autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
- Asperger syndrome (AS)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorders (ADHD)
- Bi-polar depression
- Severe epilepsy
- Visual impairment.
An accessible counselling service
I offer counselling in person, as well as by telephone and Skype.
My comfortable therapy rooms are located in Tettenhall Wood, Wolverhampton. There is plenty of free on-site parking and the rooms may also be accessed by the number 1, 10 and 62 bus routes.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications as a counsellor
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Certificate in Counselling
- BSc (Hons) Psychology.
I’m currently completing my MSc Counselling Psychology programme of studies, undertaking much-needed research into working with addiction.
Further training as a therapist
I’m very enthusiastic and committed to my professional development. Some of the additional workshops that I’ve attended include:
- Living with mental health
- Suicide awareness
- Awareness of child abuse and neglect
- Safeguarding children online
- Autism awareness
- Communicating with adults with learning difficulties
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Safe administration of medicines in the workplace
- Working with dignity in health and social care.
Memberships of counsellor organisations
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- British Psychological Society (BPS).
I’ve also been granted an Enhanced Certificate of Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service, and comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Your initial session is free of charge.
Rates for counselling after the complimentary first session:
- Therapy: £40 per session
- Concessions for those receiving benefit entitlements (such as disability living allowance): £35 per session
- Counsellor trainees: £35 per session
There is a 10% discount available, if you purchase 6 sessions in advance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday, between 9:00 am and 9:00 pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|