Tim Bray (Registered Member BACP Acc.)
I am an integrative counsellor & psychotherapist with nearly thirty years experience in a wide variety of settings. I offer both short term and open ended one-to-one work.
I am based in Ledbury and can also use Skype. I am easily accessible from Gloucester, Hereford, Malvern and Ross.
I work with stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, abuse, bereavement and loss, issues of sexuality, relationship problems and more.
Counselling/Psychotherapy - How I will work with you
We would start by exploring what has prompted you to come for therapy at this time, and what you hope to gain from therapy. We would then decide together whether short or longer term work may be needed. We would regularly review our work together and whether you were getting what you needed. Sessions last 50 minutes.
If you/we decided you wanted longer term work or to work in an open-ended way which would allow you to work at your own pace, as well as exploring your current concerns, we would also explore how your past experiences and relationships may be influencing your behavior now- working with the unconscious and using our relationship to inform our exploration.
My counselling/psychotherapy approach is an integration of the person-centred, psychodynamic and psychosynthesis models.
I abide by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Ethical Framework
In the past I have provided counselling to children, young people and adults experiencing distress and emotional challenge in their life. I am have particular interest and experience in working with the following issues:
- Children and parents that have experienced divorce and separation.
- Challenging family situations.
- People trying to live life fully with long term medical conditions
- People living with the consequences of early family separation through the care system or Boarding School.
- Men wishing to address issues of intimacy, sexuality and family life.
- People suffering from anxiety and depression.
- Workplace stress including bullying, harassment and work pressure.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications:
- Diploma Counselling & Supervision (1990) Roehampton Institute.
- Diploma Integrative Counselling (1996-2000) Worcester Counselling & Psychotherapy Foundation.
- BACP Accredited Counsellor since 2004.
- 1991-1994 'Off the Record' Young People's Counselling Service, Twickenham.
- 1994-2000 Dudley Education Authority School Counsellor (Primary & Secondary).
- 2000-2010 Mediation Herefordshire: Service Manager & Counsellor for children and parents.
- 2015-2016 Counsellor NHS Let's Talk Service, Cheltenham.
- Jan 2016-present NHS Occupational Health Staff counsellor.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Long-term and chronic illness
Boarding school experiences
Work stress, bullying and harassment
Men, intimacy and sexuality.
Loss and Trauma.
The next step:
Making the decision to begin counselling/psychotherapy can be difficult. If you want to take the next step, after a brief telephone chat or email conversation, we would arrange to meet and discuss what it is you want and see whether I am the right person to support you. If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact me.
PLEASE NOTE: Electronic communication is not guaranteed! I will always respond to enquiries within 48 hours. If you do not receive a response it's because I haven't received your contact so please do contact me again.
£45.00 per session (50 mins)
Some concessions available so please ask.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and some evening appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|