T. Abigail Swift • MNCS(Acc) • MFETC(Dip) • ABNLP • LLB
Do you relate to any of these statements?
- Often the problem is that I don’t know what the problem is.
- I feel stuck.
- I am repeating past mistakes and following the same old patterns.
- Sometimes I do know what the problem is and what it’s about, but I am unable to feel any different.
- I want to move on, but don’t know how. I want something to change. What’s stopping me?
- I need a safe place to face the difficulties in my life and understand where they have come from.
Do you need someone to talk to? Do you feel alone, even if you are surrounded by people? Do you feel misunderstood, or that nobody really wants to listen to you? I want to. I’m here to listen. And I work online, so you can talk to me from the comfort of your own home, or anywhere that’s convenient to you.
There are times when we are anxious, depressed, frustrated, angry or generally unhappy and there’s a limit to how much friends and family can do for us. Despite their best intentions, they may feel awkward if we "complain too much" or come across as “depressing”. They may have offered advice, but nothing has changed. This is where trained and regulated Counsellors can assist. We fulfill a need in a stressful society where too many people end up coping with life instead of living it.
If you relate to anything I've just said, then something is stopping your life from being the best that it can be. Why should you settle for that? You’ve come this far and you’re reading this, so you’re not ready to give up. Good for you!
Approaching a Counsellor is proactive. It’s also really simple, fast and free.
Our first session is free. No obligation and no strings.
Contact me for free:
- Phone or Text: +44 (0) 7920 118484 (I don't use voicemail, so a text message is a good way to reach me)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Protonmail.com is encrypted)
- Skype: Username: t.abbeyswift (Skype is encrypted)
While text messages are not encrypted, I do use a secret PIN code on my phone.
If you’d like to talk to me, I’d like to listen. Once you get in touch, we'll have a relaxed chat, nothing formal, and you can decide if you feel comfortable moving forwards with me.
My approach is integrative and holistic, developing a bespoke approach for the individual client. According to your needs, we may explore Emotional Therapy, Neuro Linguistic techniques, Creativity and Spirituality. My personal approach is professional but not clinical. Our sessions offer a safe place and time just for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma, Emotional Therapeutic Counselling
- Bachelor of Laws
- Certified Practitioner of NLP & Timeline Therapy
- Certified Practitioner of Hypnotherapy
Membership & Regulatory
- Accredited Member, National Counselling Society
- Member, The Foundation for Emotional Therapeutic Counselling
- Member, American Board of Neuro-lingustic Programming
After working in Law for several years, defending the underprivileged and fighting for human rights and civil liberties in several countries, I learned that my true passion is to connect with others on a one-to-one basis; to hear their story without judgment; and to find options and solutions to social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. I now work as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Misunderstood, isolated
- Lonely, shy
- Social difficulties
- Attempted Suicide
- Bereaved by Suicide
- Dark subcultures
Payment options vary to suit your needs, and discounts are available:
1) 60 minute Skype session (video or phone only, it’s your choice) £40, or
2) Discounts available for students, under-25s, retired, unemployed, etc.
3) Save even more by ordering a “bundle” of 4 or 6 sessions in advance.
Payment via Paypal.
Since I work online, my clients will need some basic computer skills and a familiarity with Skype. I use Skype voice calls (VoIP) or Skype video for my sessions, (client’s choice). Skype is encrypted, so I consider this the best option to maintain client confidentiality.
Skype is a program or app that you can download easily into your mobile phone, tablet, and computer. It is free to open a Skype account and free to make Skype-to-Skype calls. You can talk on your phone and don't need to worry about the phone bill.
We can also use Skype to chat for free, with or without video, via our PC, laptop or tablet. The option to include video is up to you.
Most laptops already have built-in mic and speakers as well as video camera, so using Skype is very easy. If you’re not familiar with Skype, you can download it and find instructions at: https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/
My Skype username is t.abbeyswift.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings, nights, weekends. Late nights can be arranged.
Types of client