WIGAN FAMILY WELFARE
Wigan Family Welfare
St Catherine's House
Wigan Family Welfare est 1958 offers several free counselling services to residents of Wigan, Ashton & Leigh. We are a warm & welcoming organisation that is happy to help.
There is no charge for our counselling services:
Appointments from 8am - 4pm at Scholes office in Wigan
Note to GPs: please give our number to your patient for them to self refer
- Counselling for adults who are feeling angry - therapy for anger related concerns. Everyone has their own reasons for feeling angry/stressed/frustrated - we will work with these reasons, and you as a person.
- New & expectant parents counselling - If your partner is pregnant or has recently had a baby.
- Ante/post Natal depression counselling
- Child bereavement - counselling for children who have had someone in their life that has died.
- Child Anger - counselling for children who display anger
- General counselling - we are sometimes able to offer this thanks to our trainee/volunteers, phone for details.
- CBT - Wednesdays - Anxiety & depression
There is no charge for counselling sessions. Sessions are treated confidentially and are 'one-one'.
Please call the number provided to self refer. You can leave a message outside of these hours and we will call you back. Please state if it is okay to leave a message.
If you have used our services before you are welcome to use them again.
Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm
Training, qualifications & experience
Counsellors are qualified BACP registered counsellors and we are an accredited organisation by British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). Counsellors undertake continual training throughout the year and are all either accredited or working towards accreditation.
The organisation and counsellors abide by The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy's ethical framework.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling we deal with
Anger counselling - Any issue that impacts on feelings of anger we can work with.
Photos & videos
There is no charge to people living in Wigan, Ashton & Leigh
If you are unsure if we could offer you support then please give us a call.
Even though we are an association of churches, our approach to therapy is not from a religious stance.
Call: 01942 867 888
Staff Profile Pictures: http://www.wiganfamilywelfare.co.uk/staff/
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
No cost. Self referrals. Mon - Fri 9am-5pm. You can leave a message outside of these hours. Appointments from 8am. Call today
Types of client