The AOC (The Arts of Change)
0333 772 9636 / 07568 568131
We are a friendly, very experienced and professional creative dramatherapy and counselling service based in Sandwell, West Midlands.
We support individual clients, couples, families and run groups for either children, teenagers or adults who have problems they wish to overcome and heal. We see children from 3 years upwards to adults with no upper age limit.
We provide three unique, creative services for either private clients or for organisations large or small:
a) therapy services,
b) education and training services
c) arts-based events services.
With over fifty years combined experience, our very warm and friendly staff team are highly skilled in: Arts therapy; Dramatherapy, Integrative Counselling, Mindfulness, Workshop facilitation, Supervision, Research, Lecturing, Teaching, Devising, Theatre, Performing and Creative Teaching on a wide range of subjects including motivation, confidence building, team dynamics, public speaking and Skills-Based Training.
Common problems we are skilled at assisting include: anger management, stress, anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, depression, insomnia, abuse, weight problems and eating disorders including anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, low self-confidence, personality issues, relationship issues, emotional abuse, social obstacles, panic disorder, family issues, addiction(s), phobias, affairs and betrayals, separation and divorce, couples issues, offending behaviour, people living with dementia and bullying.
The AOC alo support clients effectively with child related issues, attachment disorder, children with emotional, social or psychological difficulties, poor concentration at home or at school, hyperactivity, abortion, low self-esteem, sexual abuse, drug abuse, alcoholism, sex addiction, Internet addiction, obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd), physical abuse and hearing voices.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Relaxation & Mindfulness Diploma Training Course. SMART Foundations - 2014.
- Dramatherapy Postgraduate Diploma training at The University of Hertfordshire - 1996.
- The Guildhall School of Music & Drama Professional Acting Course - 1987.
Organisations worked with include:
- The Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Riverside Mental Health Trust.
- Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council.|
- Aquarius Action Projects.
- Hillingdon Hospital.
- Charing Cross Hospital.
- West Mercia Police.
- The National Probation Service.
- St Jude's Primary School.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Arts therapies
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
For Corporate/Businesses rates - please contact us to discuss your requirements.
All our rates have a sliding scale depending on personal income.
Consultation: Normally £30.00 per hour.
Individual Therapy: Normally £40.00 per hour.
Couple Therapy: Normally £55.00 per hour.
Family Therapy (3-5 clients): Normally £60 per hr.
Group Therapy: £15.00 per week.
Individual Therapy: £40.00.
Mindfulness Group: £20.00 per week.
Mindfulness Individual: £40.00 per hour
Mindfulness Corporate: Please contact.
Please contact our friendly team for a free 20 minute telephone initial consultation on:
0333 772 9636 (cheap local rate number for both landlines and mobiles) or 07568568131. Be sure to leave your full name, contact details and a brief message outlining your request.
Complete our simple online referral form (found on our website) or if you prefer we can complete it with you over the phone.
You may also send us an email us if you prefer to:
Also check out our website for more information and details of upcoming therapy, educational and arts events, where you can sign up for free to our monthly newsletter at:
Looking forward to working with you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||We can work with interpreters.|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|