Teresa Kowalska - MBACP (Accred) Counsellor & Supervisor
129 London Road
07845 038 433
I am a BACP accredited and registered Counsellor, and qualified Supervisor and Parenting Practitioner. I have eight years post-qualification experience of working within the NHS and voluntary sector. My therapeutic work with adults, young people and families has covered a broad range of issues including: anxiety and panic disorder; depression; relationship; and work related issues.
I was born in Manchester to Polish parents. After leaving the teaching profession, I trained as a Person-Centred counsellor and my way of working is still based on that approach. In addition, I have undertaken training in various therapeutic approaches and use that learning to adapt my work to best suit the issues identified by my clients. I also have experience of working with Polish clients in their native tongue.
My role as your counsellor is to establish and maintain a mutual relationship with you - built on empathy, positive valuing, openness and honesty. I offer a calm, supportive and trusting environment where I aim to accept you just as you are, with respect and compassion, without judgement or criticism. We will work together to help you explore your issues, reconnect with your inner values and sense of self-worth, gain insight to facilitate change, and ultimately help you to a more peaceful and fulfilling life.
I offer both short and long-term counselling – the length of therapy depends on what you bring, and will be discussed during the initial assessment and reviewed at regular intervals.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP (Accred)) and abide by their Code of Practice.
- Graduate Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling – Manchester Metropolitan University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy – Derby University
- Transactional Analysis 101 – The Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy
- Triple P – Positive Parenting Programme (Accredited)
- Incredible Years – (Webster Stratton) Parenting Programme (Accredited)
- Certificate in Supervision – The Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness Based Living – Mindfulness Association Ltd
- DBT Essentials (Level 1 Accredited) – Association for Psychological Therapies
- Family Mediation – ICIS
- Systemic Family Therapy Training – NHS
- Solution Focused Therapy – MIND
- Alcohol Awareness – Central Cheshire Alcohol Services
- Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring – Institute of Counselling
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
work place – burn-out, bullying, relationship issues, attachment issues, family relationships
Counselling session – £35 for 1 hour
Supervision – £40 for 60 minutes / £55 for 90 minutes
Concessions are available on enquiry
Reduced rates for student counsellors – £25 per Counselling session (60 minutes)
£30 per Supervision session (60 minutes)
Contract and organisations – fees by negotiation
Comfortable and private counselling room just off the A500 in Nantwich, Cheshire.
Home visits by arrangement.
Early morning and evening sessions available.
You are very welcome to email me at email@example.com
Or alternatively you can text or call me on my mobile 07845 038 433 and leave a message. I will get back to you as soon I am able to.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Supervision promotes self-care, continual learning and professional and personal development.View supervision profile