Rebecca Mitchell - Take Action Counselling London
Contact by Email first / 07957 273 891
Thank you for stopping by to look at my entry.
I would like to explain a little about this new counselling service and how I might be able to offer you support.
Take Action Counselling London is a new, fresh and innovative approach to counselling giving you space to talk, learn and choose. I am based in Ealing, West London but also available over the phone and by Skype throughout the UK.
My service is based on the philosophy that growth and change is possible when you receive:
- Information and insight into your past situation
- Care and understanding in moving into your next step for your future
If you are thinking in terms of what counselling method I focus on; I would say I hold a principally person centred approach which is based on the importance of the relationship between the client and the counsellor.
Running alongside this person centred approach is my belief that giving information is also an important part of the counselling process. This is based on my experiences and the experience of other counsellors who have found that in their work that passing on information is key in order for change to take place.
“Knowledge is power. Gaining an understanding of what has happened and the impact it has on your life and relationships can be healing” (Source: Kathy Hardie-Williams: Counsellor Good Therapy September 2016 www.goodtherapy.org)
This information may come in the form of hand outs, sharing material from books, writing together on flipcharts. Any resource that is helpful to give you more knowledge to equip you in your journey.
During my sessions:
- I intend to listen with understanding at all times
- I aim not to judge you on where you are now or the decisions you have made
- I won’t leave you with long awkward silences
- I try to be as open and caring as I can be
- I will give you information and resources if I think that could be helpful to you
There are many reasons why you may be considering counselling.
Here are a few you may identify with:
- Relationship difficulties and breakdown
- Feeling lonely
- Single again after break up or loss
- You are adapting to life with your new baby
- Struggling with expressing your feelings
- Coming to terms with a life changing event
- Work disappointments and problems
- Feeling left behind by your friends
- Life is arduous and unfulfilling
- You have had or are having difficult relationships with your parents
- You are stuck in negative patterns of behaviour
- Regretful about not having children
I am very happy work with any of these issues but also specialise in people who are:
- Single and dating
- First time mums
- Facing relationship issues
I also offer a programme especially written for new mothers called "Mummyshock".
The Mummyshock programme is a specially created eight week course to explore and express some of the feelings, thoughts and practical concerns many new mothers face including
- Understanding why this may be the biggest change of your life
- How being a mum transforms the way your view yourself
- The pleasures and pressures a baby brings to a couple
- The change in your relationships with women friends post baby
- Embracing your new role as a mother
- Ways you may want to hold onto personal dreams
Training, qualifications & experience
To update you on where I am coming from and my experience. I have been working in the counselling arena for nearly 25 years. I have completed several training courses including at City University, Metanoia Institute and WPF and I am trained as both a group worker and a one to one counsellor. I am trained in two different models of counselling: Psychoanalytic and Person Centred. I have worked as a counsellor in a diverse range of settings including:
- Group Facilitator of a women’s survivor group
- Group Facilitator of a women’s psychotherapy psycho educational group
- One to one counsellor in community settings
- Mentoring young people as part of a multicultural youth group
- Training and speaking at conferences and seminars equipping other counsellors
I have also written a number of articles published in professional counselling magazines including BACP Therapy Today and BACP Private Practise. I have also written a self help book for survivors of sexual abuse called "New Shoes" which has been well received by Survivors and Counsellors. I have spoken at a range of events and I am also a regular "agony aunty" on a women's radio programme.
I have been nominated for Cosmopolitan Campaigner of the Year.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Fees are £50 per session but we offer discounts to block bookings.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Current Availability: Thursday and Fridays Daytime
Types of client