Silva Neves. Sex & Relationship Therapist, Couples Therapist. Trauma Therapist.
1 Snow Hill Court
56 London Street
I am a fully qualified, experienced and accredited counsellor and psychotherapist specialist in:
Psychosexual, relationship and couple's therapy.
Trauma therapy & EMDR.
Eating disorders and weight management (obesity).
I am an accredited member of COSRT (College of Sexual and Relatonship Therapists)
I am a member of the British and International Society for Sexual Medicine.
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society.
I am also a member of NCP (National Council of Psychotherapists) and a registered member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I am a member of ATSAC (Association for the Treatment of Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity).
I am a member of EMDR UK & Ireland.
Being awarded the accreditation with COSRT means that I am a specialist in psychosexual and relationship therapy, having met strict criteria in respect of training, experience, knowledge, ethical standards, clinical skills and commitment to continuous professional development.
Being a member of The British Society for Sexual Medicine and The International Society for Sexual Medicine means that I keep updated on all the current research and interventions in the field of human sexuality
I abide by each of the membership's code of ethics and professional conducts.
I hold a full professional insurance.
My model of counselling and psychotherapy is 'integrative'. It means that I will use different approaches from different therapy models to suit your needs best.
The conditions I can help you with are:
- Difficulties with relationships: starting, sustaining or ending a relationship
- Male sexual problems (erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, retarded ejaculation)
- Female sexual problems (vaginismus, dyspareunia)
- Difficulties with orgasms
- Differences in sexual desire within the relationship
- Communication problems in a relationship, including frequent arguments, rows or blaming
- Survivors of sexual abuse
- Sex addiction
- Sexless relationship
- Lack of intimacy
- Issues with sexualities
- Healing from the disclosure of infidelity
- Coming out, acceptance of sexuality and LGBTQ specific issues
- Recreational drugs and sex
- Issues related to diagnosis of HIV and other STIs
- Sexual shame
I also offer trauma therapy for the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress (PTS).
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Adult men and women who have been sexually assaulted
- Adult survivors of childhood neglect, including parental neglect and school bullying
- LGBT population faced with homophobia
- War veterans and front line emergency workers: police staff, firemen, ambulance service
- Survivors of a terrorist attack or have witnessed the attack.
I offer specialist treatment for eating disorders, obesity and weight management:
- Compulsive eating and binge eating disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Obesity and weight management.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-graduate Diploma in Psychosexual, Relationship and Couples Therapy. Awarded with distinction.
- Certificate in Transformative Couples Therapy. Encounter-centred approach.
- Certificate in Certified Sex Addiction Therapy. Trained by Dr Patrick Carnes.
- EMDR trained.
- Diploma in Eating Disorders Practitioner. (NCFED).
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy. Awarded with distinction.
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy. Awarded with distinction.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
I take my continuous professional development seriously. I attend seminars and conferences regularly to keep my knowledge and practice updated.
I have attended seminars with world-renowned specialist in the field of sex and relationship therapy, including Dr Harville Hendrix, Dr Helen LaKelly Hunt (Imago Therapy) and Dr David Schnarch (Crucible Therapy)
I hold a busy private practice in two locations:
Central London (EC1)
Reading town centre, Berkshire (RG1)
As well as my private practice, I am a clinical associate to The Hudson Centre, working with individuals suffering from sex addiction. I also work with partners of those suffering from sex addiction.
I work with both individuals and couples who have relationship or sexual problems.
I have worked as a psychosexual therapist with the NHS (Chelsea and Westminster Trust) at 56 Dean Street.
I have experience working with people living with HIV with charity organisation Positive East.
I have experience working with members of the LGBT community. I employ a sexuality diversity affirmative approach.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
I practice in two locations:
Snow Hill Court (EC1) - Nearest tube station is St Paul's and Farringdon.
My fee is:
Individual therapy and Couples therapy: £100 per consultation
Reading town centre, Berkshire RG1.
My fee is:
Individual therapy and Couples therapy: £70 per consultation
To make an appointment, or for an informal chat, call me on 079 5832 0565
Or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client