Swati Sharples MBACP
01352 706221 / 0775 9351743
*One-to-one confidential therapeutic counselling
* EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocesing) Therapy
*Training in mental health for organisations and individuals
* Counselling Supervision (1-to-1 or group supervision) for qualified and trainee counsellors and other health and social care professionals
* Personal Therapy for trainee and professional counselling practitioners
* Counselling for people from Black & Minority Ethnic background
Counselling covers broad range of mental health issues covered e.g. Anxiety, Depression, Work related stress, Self-image, Eating Disorders, Abuse, Domestic Violence, Isolation, Loss, Bereavement, Relationship issues, Psychological trauma, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Self-harm, OCD, Phobia and other issues.
Counselling approach: Integrative Counselling including CBT, EMDR, Psychodynamic, TA, Humanistic, Experiential, approaches.
Training in mental health in the subjects e.g. Therapeutic Art and Creative Therapies, Psychological Trauma, Working with Diversity and other areas of Mental Health.
Training, qualifications & experience
Level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision
KRCS/University College Plymouth Marjon (UCP Marjon)
Integrative Diploma in Counselling
British Counselling & Training Association
College Harlech, North Wales
Diploma discipline: Integrative Counselling (Integrative approaches i.e. Person-centred, Psychodynamic, CBT, Transactional Analysis and Experiential approaches)
EMDR Therapist full qualification (part 1, 2 &3) at EMDR Extra (c/o EMDR Europe)
Previous educational qualifications:
First degree (B.A) in Political Science, English Literature, Economics
- MSc in Psychological Trauma, University of Chester
- M.A. Art Therapy, University of Chester
Over 4 years and over 400 practice hours experience of counselling mental health clients in settings such as undergraduate/postgraduate students in Glyndwr University, Cobweb charity for 16-25 years old, Black Association of Women's Step Out Ltd, NHS Child & Adolescent Mental Health Early Intervention and Prevention Service. Continued Professional Development regularly updated with the training e.g. Supervision, Ethics and Research in counselling/psychotherapy, CBT, EMDR, Gestalt, Depression in Young People, Eating Disorders in Young People, NLP, Trauma and Attachment, Child Protection, Vulnerable Adults Protection, Self-Harm, Arts in Health, Online and telephone consultation, Research in Psychological Therapies, Project management, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
1st face-to-face consultation free.
£45 per 50 minutes session
Sessions offered on weekly or fortnightly basis
Reduced charges considered for unemployed,low income earners and for students.
Personal Therapy and supervision sessions for trainee counsellors/psychotherapists will be offered at concessionary rate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|