Suzie Wood MSc (Psych) PG Dip. FPC
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor and psychotherapist based in Preston Park, Brighton. I offer one-to-one weekly sessions on a time limited or open ended basis depending on your needs.
How therapy can help
You may be feeling anxious a lot of the time and may or may not know what is causing this. Perhaps you are having difficulties in your relationship or are struggling to come to terms with an ending of a relationship. Maybe you are feeling depressed or stuck in a rut. You might find that you are repeating negative patterns in your relationships. Therapy offers a safe and confidential place to talk through these difficulties without fear of judgement.
How I work
I work from a psychodynamic perspective which is based on the idea that earlier experiences may be contributing to current difficulties. By exploring this together you may feel able to make more informed choices and make positive changes.
Why choose therapy with me?
- No waiting lists – unlike NHS counselling services I am usually able to offer you an initial consultation within one week of your initial enquiry
- Choice of time limited or long term work – unlike most NHS counselling services you have the option of open ended work (no fixed number of sessions) if this is preferable to you
- Safe and confidential – I am professionally qualified and experienced in counselling and psychotherapy, I am a member of the FPC and am fully insured
I understand that beginning therapy can often seem quite daunting so I offer an initial consultation for us to meet so you can tell me more about your reasons for seeking therapy. It is also an opportunity for you to experience how I work. There is no commitment at this stage. The purpose is to determine whether psychodynamic therapy is right for you. If we do decide to work together then we would meet at a regular time for 50 minutes each week.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I did my professional training at WPF Therapy in London which is recognised as one of the UK's leading training institutions with a reputation for clinical and academic excellence.
- I hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice from Roehampton University and a WPF Therapy Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Both of these trainings are approved by the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I am a member of the Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling (FPC) and I work to their strict guidelines of ethics and practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have significant experience in dealing with issues surrounding pregnancy and motherhood, including postnatal depression.
The fee for an initial consultation is £50.
The fee for regular weekly 50 minute sessions is £50.
I offer both daytime and evening sessions.
If you would like to arrange an initial consultation for us to meet and discuss your therapeutic needs then please contact me on 07786634269 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All enquiries will be dealt with sensitively and confidentially.
My consulting room is easily accessible by train being immediately adjacent to Preston Park station. Buses from Central Brighton (17, 40, 273), Hove (5 and 5A) and Kemp Town (40X) all stop nearby. There is also street parking available which is free of charge. You can park on the single yellow lines except between the hours of 12-1pm Monday to Friday.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Thursday daytimes
Types of client